cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today, I love PlusNet, and this is why...

N/A

Today, I love PlusNet, and this is why...

Hi guys. I've been with PlusNet now for just over a week on the plusdsl.net connection (which is apparently crap, am I right?).

Like everyone else, I had a really pants start to the week, with everything going wrong, connections lost, fear of modem death (incidentally I'm using a Conexant PCI ADSL modem), and general irritation at technical support folk.

However, I've just rebooted my computer to fix Microsoft Office crashing after being connected to PlusNet for over 15 hours, and have done some speed tests (all are averages of 2 tests & inc. o/h's).

from monitor.plus.net
477.1 kbps (59.64 kb/s) downstream

from dslreports.com
465 kbps (58.13 kb/s) downstream
271.3 kbps (33.91 kb/s) upstream

from adslguide.org.uk
488 kbps (61 kb/s) downstream
281 kbps (35.13 kb/s) upstream

Now, that to me seems pretty respectable. Coupled with the fact that PlusNet are the clearest communicators of any ISP I've been with and that I've seen plenty of staff manning computers on the webcams over the last few days - I think we should all just stop whinging and asking for CBUK codes and just enjoy the speed for once.

But before any of you rush to urinate on my campfire, consider that maybe I have a reason to be this happy - 8 weeks ago I signed up for a 40:1 contention service from ET Global Solutions. If any of you out there know your broadband industry stuff, you'll know that they went into liquidation about 2 weeks ago. Thus I, who had been patiently sat twiddling my testicles for 6 weeks *without* so much as a whiff of broadband or even an email from ETGS saying they'd been delayed, promptly lost my £104 connection charge and two months advance billing.

Bugger.

So I've many good reasons to say woo-hoo, thank you PlusNet! And to all you grumpy, moaning, whinging, uncaring gits out there: shut up and find something interesting to do.

Jim
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Today, I love PlusNet, and this is why...

Hello Jim

I would not dream of dowsing your fire.
Welcome to the PlusNet family.
I have been using PlusNet as my ISP now for well over 2 years and before that I was with then under there "Free-online" offshoot.
I did deviate for a short while when the Surftime option first appeared but I soon came back after experiencing other ISP's.
Yes they have had some ups and downs over the time I have been with them but I still think you would be very hard pressed to find better out there.
Enjoy your time here with a first class ISP.
Smiley~ ;o)

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

Someone has plugged the right cable in...lol

\Mines started to fly again

N/A

> Someone has plugged the right cable in...lol
>
> \Mines started to fly again
>
>
>

Wink You know it!