cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to start thinking about compensation Guys !

bertie40

Time to start thinking about compensation Guys !

Yep. I know that outages etc. are contained within the terms and conditions.

I appreciate that these occur now and again.

An hour here and there isn't really a problem to me, ( ok, it IS to others).

When the outage time turns from minutes,to hours and now Days, then I believe its time for Plusnet to take a hit.

To date, I've been a satisfied customer, but unless something is forthcoming, I can't see your referal scheme generating any new business.

Sorry for whining, but this is just how I feel. Smiley

Regards
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Time to start thinking about compensation Guys !

Best of luck. I had an outage of a WHOLE month not long after I signed up. Despite previously being promised a month's subscription back as compensation they then turned round once the problem was fixed and said that I would get no refund. Looks like they'll say anything to buy some time.
N/A

Best of luck. I had an outage of a WHOLE month not long after I signed up. Despite previously being promised a month's subscription back as compensation they then turned round once the problem was fixed and said that I would get no refund. Looks like they'll say anything to buy some time.
N/A

This is definitely compensation territory. They have no excuse like blaming BT since this was their own, obviously very poorly planned and executed upgrade.

In addition this problem is not isolated to a few users, but appears to be universal.

If we take a position of, either you give us x-months free or we will walk then any sensible manager will take the hit. The additional lack of referral business, as well as plain old bad WOM will be extremely damaging unless they coddle up to their customer, following this fiasco.

What is reasonable no of months. 1? 2?

Personally I am prepared to walk if I don't get any compensation. As well as obviously stopping to recommend plusnet which I did regularly until now.

I am a systems engineer and find it amazing that isolated "equipment failure" can cause such ridiculously long outages. Have these people heard of the concept of redundancy?

Management: Have you asked Bob Goldsmith how we would like to be fired since he obviously has no idea about basic redundant networt infrastructure design?

I will another thread and see how many people are prepared to walk if no compensation is forthcoming.
--