cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for BT to activate ADSL

N/A

Hi all
Just wondering how long it actually took BT to activate your ADSL connection?
I know I'm probably being impatient, but I placed the order Last Thursday and I'm still waiting. Suppose I was hoping that I'd be one of the lucky ones who got it activated withing 48 hours Sad
I'm coming to the conclusion that BT in my area are not very efficient at all!!

Looking forward to your views
Lee
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

5 working days is the standard, unless you have DACS or ISDN, very few people would ever be lucky enough to get it in 2 days.

Chris
N/A

What time of day? I think I'm on my fifth day, just awaiting an email..
N/A

You can view the progress of your order using the ADSL Tracker (which will show you if the order is with BT or is past that stage).
N/A

Yes, but adsl tracker doesn't show a time, that's why I'm asking :?
Lorian
Grafter

Yes, but adsl tracker doesn't show a time, that's why I'm asking :?

It depends on what time of day the engineer does it.

If you have a router/modem then plug it in and see if it syncs up.

If you don't then pick up an un-filtered phone to check and if you hearing is half decent you should hear the difference when adsl is enabled.

You don't need another email to be able to use it. When your modem/router sync's you can enter the login details you got in the email when you signed up. It will fail. Wait about 30 minutes during which time Plus's system will automatically create/enable your account. Try again 30 minutes later and you should be able to log in.

You really are impatient!

Jc.
N/A

Thanks for the info Smiley
I'm impatient because I've been stuck with 56k for years, my exchange was only enabled 2 weeks ago and i'm dieing for dsl!
N/A

This is hysterical!
The same day I made the post my connection was enabled.
I am aware that this is nothing to do with Plus Net and not complaining. The activation (sync) is down to the BT engineer physically enabling it.

Up and running, thanks Plus Net. (Still think BT need a kick up the butt!)
N/A

If you don't then pick up an un-filtered phone to check and if you hearing is half decent you should hear the difference when adsl is enabled.

This is only true if you have your modem plugged in too and it shows as synced.

The line noise you hear is generated localy by your own modem and can only be heard when synced or attempting to sync.

If you can hear it at any other time, then you may have a faulty extentions cable or other line problems.