cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This warrants a new topic!!

Saturn
Grafter

This warrants a new topic!!

Downstream 473 Kbps (59.1 KB/sec) 543 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 245 Kbps (30.6 KB/sec) 281 Kbps (inc. overheads)

And it was like it this morning too. Well done indeed to PlusNet!
3 REPLIES
Saturn
Grafter

RE: This warrants a new topic!!

>Having now read some of the other info posted around the portal I'm beginning to wonder just what has been done to improve matters. Irrespective, it looks ok from my end and I just hope it's not at the expense of someone else!
N/A

> >Having now read some of the other info posted around the portal I'm beginning to wonder just what has been done to improve matters. Irrespective, it looks ok from my end and I just hope it's not at the expense of someone else!

I feel like askign some1 from tech support this myself.

Since the idea of changing the MTU value came out, speed shave vastly improved.

Can any1 is tech support shed light on this.

Has the change, from 1458 by many user, reduced load, on systems within the network, to the poist where user with default values are seeing improvments as well?

I have 7 systems running here, 3 linux, 2 98SE's and 2 XP's. Neither of the XP systems have been adjusted, hwoever, 1 of the 98SE machines, and 2 of the linux machines have been changed, after which, they have seen major speed benefits.

The other 4 machines have not been adjusted, but have seem benefits as well (not right away, but overall).
Saturn
Grafter

Well the way the system is running now I withdraw my initial comment; I'll be more careful with my praises in the future. There isn't much point in have a few hours of speed and then absolutely nothing!