cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is mad

N/A

This is mad

Downstream 32 Kbps (4.0 KB/sec) 36 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 242 Kbps (30.3 KB/sec) 278 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Enough said
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: This is mad

> Downstream 32 Kbps (4.0 KB/sec) 36 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 242 Kbps (30.3 KB/sec) 278 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
>
> Enough said

Here's mine..a bit better...What is happeningHuh??

Downstream 362 Kbps (45.3 KB/sec) 416 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 209 Kbps (26.1 KB/sec) 240 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Think I'll be off to pastures new VERY soon if things don't improve.
N/A

> > Downstream 32 Kbps (4.0 KB/sec) 36 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> > Upstream 242 Kbps (30.3 KB/sec) 278 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> >
> >
> > Enough said
>
> Here's mine..a bit better...What is happeningHuh??
>
> Downstream 362 Kbps (45.3 KB/sec) 416 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 209 Kbps (26.1 KB/sec) 240 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
> Think I'll be off to pastures new VERY soon if things don't improve.

have you tried changing mtu to 1458
see adslguide.org.uk for how to do it and why it might make a difference
N/A

Done all that before. One day it's OK and then a few hours later it's rubbishHuh?? Speed test is completely different.

N/A

Downstream 458 Kbps (57.3 KB/sec) 526 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 280 Kbps (inc. overheads)

and I had a file transfer running when I did this (3 minutes ago).

Can't help thinking it's a setup problem you've got.
N/A

Yesterday i was getting a realy good upstream and a very bad downstream, then about 12.45 AM suddenly my connection picked up and it has been running great since. I dont know what done it it could have been a problem at the exchange which they had just fixed. So i am now a happy bunny I hope yours picks up soon as i know where you are coming from.

Downstream 470 Kbps (58.8 KB/sec) 540 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 277 Kbps (inc. overheads)
N/A

>
> Downstream 458 Kbps (57.3 KB/sec) 526 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 280 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
>
> and I had a file transfer running when I did this (3 minutes ago).
>
> Can't help thinking it's a setup problem you've got.

Maybe so BUT should I have to keep tweekining....£22.99 a month ...I think not!

I am a newbie to all of this and I don't really understand all of the settings that everyone is telling me, but I keep doing them and my connection is still shit! Takes an age to download a page now!
Shall I try elsewhereHuh
OR ARE PLUSNET GONNA LISTEN TO OUR PROBLEMSHuh?
basils57
Dabbler

>
> I am a newbie to all of this and I don't really understand all of the settings that everyone is telling me, but I keep doing them and my connection is still shit! Takes an age to download a page now!
> Shall I try elsewhereHuh
> OR ARE PLUSNET GONNA LISTEN TO OUR PROBLEMSHuh?

Like you I don't understand - or really want/need to -this tweaking stuff, and am really fed up with the service of this company.
THEY REALLY DON'T SEEM TO RESPOND AND REACT TO PROBLEMS, and I for one would like to think that AS A CUSTOMER someone CARED about my problems.
--
basils57
Dabbler

>
> >
> > I am a newbie to all of this and I don't really understand all of the settings that everyone is telling me, but I keep doing them and my connection is still shit! Takes an age to download a page now!
> > Shall I try elsewhereHuh
> > OR ARE PLUSNET GONNA LISTEN TO OUR PROBLEMSHuh?
>
> Like you I don't understand - or really want/need to -this tweaking stuff, and am really fed up with the service of this company.
> THEY REALLY DON'T SEEM TO RESPOND AND REACT TO PROBLEMS, and I for one would like to think that AS A CUSTOMER someone CARED about my problems.

I should have added that since the 'upgrade' yesterday, momentarily I got a 400+ kbps downstream, but since then I can get better results with my old 56k modem. (Maybe I shouldn't say 'old' - it could be the saviour!)

--
N/A

>
> >
> > I am a newbie to all of this and I don't really understand all of the settings that everyone is telling me, but I keep doing them and my connection is still shit! Takes an age to download a page now!
> > Shall I try elsewhereHuh
> > OR ARE PLUSNET GONNA LISTEN TO OUR PROBLEMSHuh?
>
> Like you I don't understand - or really want/need to -this tweaking stuff, and am really fed up with the service of this company.
> THEY REALLY DON'T SEEM TO RESPOND AND REACT TO PROBLEMS, and I for one would like to think that AS A CUSTOMER someone CARED about my problems.
>
> --
>

The "tweak" problem arises from the fact that everyone's system is diferent.. unfortunately that is the nature of using a computer for this kind of work. Typing letters is a piece of cake but comms is another kettle!. It IS necessary to understand how things work to get the best from your system... there are lots of web sites that are designed to help.. try http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks.

Speaking from personal experience, all of my "Contact us" tickets have been replied to within two hours, even recently.