cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This has got to end!

N/A

This has got to end!

Guys (and gals)... what can we do about this atrocious excuse for a broadband service? A petition? A mass walk-out? A mass wave of bad publicity?

I've been frequently reading the forums (or at least trying to at this speed) as I'm in the same position as everybody else and it looks like there is no hope of a solution being provided.

I subscribed in Dec 06 because I considered PN to be a well established, reliable and popular provider. Everything was great at first but towards the start of 07 things went down-hill big time.

PN people: I KNOW you are reading this and all the many other complaint posts but from what I can tell you are doing your best ostrich impression (head under the sand). Apart from an announcement saying how you basically screwed up with the bandwidth demand calculations and are now severely limiting customer's surfing abilities, we haven't been informed or assisted in any way.

Simply put, this is a call to arms! Brothers (and ahem, sisters) unite! The customer is always right! [we can make that into a little chant if you'd like]

Suggestions on what we can do to make our overlords listen?
24 REPLIES
N/A

This has got to end!

I have a couple of friends one who is moving ISP the other just getting first BB connection I've told them to stay clear of pn & would tell anyone else to do the same...Its not much but its a start!
N/A

This has got to end!

Yes, please tell them what you think! I certainly am!

Please vote on http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53945 and let them know!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This has got to end!

I have a couple of friends one who is moving ISP the other just getting first BB connection I've told them to stay clear of pn & would tell anyone else to do the same...Its not much but its a start!

It depends on their requirements. If a persons needs fitted PAYG I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I wouldn't recommend BB+ unless they were going to be a light user and be sticking to browsing and email - but then they'd probably fit PAYG.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

This has got to end!

elvin, please, just don't recommend PN at all! They clearly cannot handle their customers properly and more to the point if your friends surfing habits change and they become heavier users they will be disappointed when they find they can't use PN for anything decent!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

This has got to end!

Woo.. some people (me included) have been offered a month's refund plus the promise of new fandangled equipment which will alleviate the problems! Let's see how it goes...
N/A

This has got to end!

Woo.. some people (me included) have been offered a month's refund plus the promise of new fandangled equipment which will alleviate the problems! Let's see how it goes...

I'd be very interested to know a bit more about that - at what point did you get offered a refund? Which product are you on?

A token refund is all good and well, but what if the problem is still there in a months time.

Personaly, I'm very close to requesting my MAC code (to switch to another ISP).

Update: Found the information myself... http://www.plus.net/go.html/plusrefund

...unfortunately I wouldn't qualify, having exceeded my 4GB usage allowance during Dec-Jan, and Jan-Feb, watching Ch4's Big Brother streaming video - that is until the last few days when the PN service speed issue made it all but impossible.

If the issues are genuinely fixed, then I might give PN a second chance - we'll just have to see.
N/A

This has got to end!

I qualify fro a refund which is good but what's even better; my connection is working well. I think we should give PN credit for finally sorting it out!
N/A

This has got to end!

I qualify for the refund but don't hold your breath waiting for a big increase in speed!

I was told my speed should show a big improvement from yesterday but last night it was 256k instead of 128k. Big deal! (My normal daytime speed is up to 3.8 megs).

When my 12 month contract is up I'll be off.
N/A

This has got to end!

I get between 5-6mb during the day, but after 6pm i've been getting 250kbps.
I had an email from +Net saying thati will be getting a months refund., and my speeds should increase. Guess what?? The speeds are still 250kbps.
N/A

This has got to end!

I'm afraid my optimism was short lived. Speed now at 250kbps.
N/A

They need to fix this now! But wont....

PN knows that most customers will be unhappy that have been effected by this speed issue, but they also know that most of us cant really be bothered to do anything serious about it! A few dozen customers leaving has little effect, unless there is a mass walkout and it hits them in the pocket bigtime they wont learn, and even then it will be too late for the people that have left.

My BB+ is only a few weeks old, and it was recommended to me by PlusNet staff as I was looking to move to another provider for an all in one telephone/broadband deal, they persuaded me to do it all with them for similar cost. Failing to mention anything about potential problems or the restrictions. I'm sure now they would say I should have read the small print.

I too have been offered a one month refund, which lets face it is hardly a mind blowing apology, more a refund of a service that hasnt worked, rather than any actual compensation for hassle, time wasted, phone calls costs, frustration, being given the runaround and told to carry out tests, disable virus software etc, when all along they knew there was an issue their end. My email said there would be a considerable improvement in the service.... wow do they mean the 240K speeds that I am still getting now! If they think the issue is fixed they are sadly mistaken.

Im not sure realistically what we can all do, other than accept that unless we all leave, they will just continue to slowly look into things when ever new problems occur. Any other suggestions gratefully received!
N/A

This has got to end!

The speed of my connection has been an absolute joke since the 15th of Feb ;(

At the moment I'm actually jealous of people saying they get 250Kb/s as mine seems to be permantently running at 120Kb/s all day long even after midnight...

Does anyone else have such a dire & pathetic connection as thisHuh

The new pipes they put on yesterday don't seem to have made a blime bit of difference. I've even powered down my draytek vigor 2800 router for an hour to give the exchange a chance to timeout and allocate me a new session, but that didn't work Sad
N/A

Poor speed

I do. Look at mine. Bad and getting worse. I have a ticket out for it:

25-02-2007 03:03:14 129
24-02-2007 09:45:40 127.2
24-02-2007 07:33:24 131.6
24-02-2007 07:32:20 131.9
23-02-2007 14:54:54 132.8
23-02-2007 14:53:41 130.5
17-02-2007 11:59:11 130.6
14-02-2007 11:29:59 127.4
14-02-2007 10:24:32 132.9
14-02-2007 08:21:12 130.5
14-02-2007 08:20:32 129.4
22-12-2006 08:07:10 1834.7
18-12-2006 02:27:46 2542.8
14-12-2006 17:39:14 1443.1
14-12-2006 11:07:09 831.6
14-12-2006 10:42:04 984.5
14-12-2006 08:05:17 2457.4
N/A

This has got to end!

hmm thx peter, well i'm kind of glad its not just me then as i was beginning to think my setup might be inferior as well, but looks like its pretty much PN who are just plain taking the mick.

In fact my last test came back as 56.40kbps, hehe can anyone post a worse score?