cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This can't be right

N/A

This can't be right

I'm already a plusnet adsl subscriber and have been for 12 months, now I want to register for the new 1mbit but I'm told over the phone that I can't upgrade yet but new customers can jump on the bandwaggon straight away, sureley this can't be right. I would have thought they'd look after there loyal customers first.
4 REPLIES
Lorian
Grafter

RE: This can't be right

> I'm already a plusnet adsl subscriber and have been for 12 months, now I want to register for the new 1mbit but I'm told over the phone that I can't upgrade yet but new customers can jump on the bandwaggon straight away, sureley this can't be right. I would have thought they'd look after there loyal customers first.

Plus posted this a few days ago (see 2nd para):

Following on from yesterdays announcement about our reduced price ADSL products and the introduction of our new higher speed broadband products for residential users, we are pleased to announce that we are now taking pre-registrations for all of these accounts. If you pre-register now, we will make sure that your order is submitted to BT promptly on May the 1st. This means that you can expect to have ADSL activated 5 - 7 days later. If you would like to order, please do so at http://www.plus.net/specialoffer.html

If you are already a PlusNet customer and would like to upgrade to one of our new products from May the 1st, you should not register your interest on this page. Further details about the upgrade process for exisiting customers will be made available within the next couple of weeks. All customers will automatically receive the new product pricing for their current accounts on invoices raised from 1st May onwards.

Please note, that if you are currently a broadband customer on a 50:1 Contended ADSL product, and wish to upgrade to a new 20:1 higher speed connection we will need to cease your current ADSL service and activate your line again with the new product. This will incur a new activation fee of £50 + VAT and will mean some downtime for your connection.

Jc
N/A

Hi there,

Thanks for the repost. Essentially, you can pre-signup for the new accounts, but if you already have an ADSL service and you wish to change it to a different contention, BT impose the rule that it's a cease and a reprovide (i.e., we cancel and reprovision your service through BT). Essentially, this means that you can't 'regrade' or 'migrate' to these products for that reason.

Do be assured that we are looking after our customers, in fact it's the number one priority here at the Customer Support Centre. :-)

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for the repost. Essentially, you can pre-signup for the new accounts, but if you already have an ADSL service and you wish to change it to a different contention, BT impose the rule that it's a cease and a reprovide (i.e., we cancel and reprovision your service through BT). Essentially, this means that you can't 'regrade' or 'migrate' to these products for that reason.
>
> Do be assured that we are looking after our customers, in fact it's the number one priority here at the Customer Support Centre. :-)
>
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --
> | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

So if I signed up for the new service would I still be able to have it on the 50 quid a month without paying for the activation again, if so how long would I be offline and when would my adsl that I'm on now cease to work. Plus I want to keep my username but if I try and put it in at the sign up it naturally says the name is already taken. Thanks in advance for your help.
N/A

> So if I signed up for the new service would I still be able to have it on the 50 quid a month without paying for the activation again, if so how long would I be offline and when would my adsl that I'm on now cease to work. Plus I want to keep my username but if I try and put it in at the sign up it naturally says the name is already taken. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi there,
There will soon be the option to "pre-upgrade" via the portal, so I'd suggest holding on for a few days. Full details on the process will be available then, but the likely outage will be the same as a provisioning time for ADSL (i.e., around 5 working days).
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----