cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Migrating

N/A

Thinking of Migrating

Hi Guys,

I was considering migrating to http://www.freedom2surf.net/ because I want to have the 8mbit service!

Now im not sure just yet, but my question is can I migrate under the 45 day garentee? and if I did what cost would I have to pay,

Currently Im on the Small Business package!

Thanks

Londonboi
11 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Thinking of Migrating

I guess you are a) connected to an easynet unbundled exchange and b) are aware that easynet shape f2s's traffic.
N/A

Thinking of Migrating

I guess you are a) connected to an easynet unbundled exchange and b) are aware that easynet shape f2s's traffic.

Thanks for the reply, I guess, But that was not my question?
LiamM
Grafter

Thinking of Migrating

Did you migrate in to Plusnet, or are you a new customer? You will be liable to pay any deferred charges such as activation if you leave.
N/A

Thinking of Migrating

new customer at plusnet! the defered payment is not an issue, that can be taken by DD, is that correct?

Also, notice you are from Exeter, nice city, I was born down that area Smiley
N/A

Thinking of Migrating

b) are aware that easynet shape f2s's traffic.

what do u mean by that remark ?
LiamM
Grafter

Thinking of Migrating

F2S use easynet (LLU) on unbundled exchanges.

Easynet apply secret and unspecified traffic shaping through their own network before it even reaches f2s.

Plusnet were looking into LLU, but I believe they haven't found an LLU operator that doesn't apply traffic shaping on their networks.
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

Thinking of Migrating

Plusnet were looking into LLU, but I believe they haven't found an LLU operator that doesn't apply traffic shaping on their networks.

Why can't Plus become an LLU operator itself?
LiamM
Grafter

Thinking of Migrating

Because it involves an absolutely astonishingly huge amount of investment. BT will be offering 8Mb by the time Plusnet would be able to unbundle an exchange, so it probably wouldn't be worth it.
madswitcher
Grafter

Thinking of Migrating

Quote: " Easynet apply secret and unspecified traffic shaping through their own network before it even reaches f2s"

Liam, please can you provid evidence of this or quote the source.

Regards, Mike
LiamM
Grafter

Thinking of Migrating

It has been stated before by Plusnet...

I have also carried out some research into LLUStream because I would like to be able to provide some of my client's with unbundled high-speed lines. Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste the content as it is commercially sensitive but I decided against in the end for this reason. The level of shaping is unknown, but they cannot and would not guarantee me an unshaped connection through their network.
N/A

Thinking of Migrating

My f2s service is 'shaped' so much I'm only getting 220K/sec downloading the new serious sam demo :roll: