cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They won't believe me :-(

N/A

They won't believe me :-(

I received a filter with RJ11 Plug (1) & Socket (1) inside my A360 USB Modem Box & instructions that it is to be plugged between the phone & socket, & the modem plugged into the Phone socket with another RJ11 cable. I am convinced that I should have received another RJ45 splitter & filter with the modem which will fit our UK Phones & Phone Sockets, but Customer Support have told me that the one I have got is correct & "Actioned" the ticket.

As I am not getting anywhere with getting them to supply cables & splitters I have tried to sort it out myself, & I have got my own RJ45 Splitter, & an RJ11/RJ45 converter. Now I can connect the ADSL Modem to the Phone socket via the lead supplied & the RJ11/RJ45 converter .... and it works!

BUT ....... as soon as I connect a phone into the other socket of the Splitter the ADSL connection is dropped, take it out & it reconnects. I can't use a RJ11/RJ45 converter to get the filter inline, as I only bought one - they are hard to get.

Any suggestions as to how I can either convince Plus that they haven't supplied me the kit, or get my own system to work?
7 REPLIES
espresso_mick
Grafter

RE: They won't believe me :-(

Do you have a phone socket doubler?

You could just plug your modem into one socket and then the filter with the phone attached into the other socket.

Works for me.
N/A

Can U connect to ADSL?

If U can, U R lucky... I still cant... 7 days after receving my A360 stuff! And counting...
N/A

> Can U connect to ADSL?
>
> If U can, U R lucky... I still cant... 7 days after receving my A360 stuff! And counting...

I believe you, but I am lucky - I knew what sort of stuff to get, & have had some fantastic help from this forum. I've got a client I'm putting onto ADSL in Dec. & I'm not writing Plus off by any means. It's just that it's not for the novice user.

N/A

I meant a doubler when I said I was plugging into a splitter - is there a difference? I was trying to do what you are suggesting, I just can't find another RJ11/RJ45 converter to enable the filter to plug into the otheer half of the doubler cos it's got a US plug on it.

> Do you have a phone socket doubler?
>
> You could just plug your modem into one socket and then the filter with the phone attached into the other socket.
>
> Works for me.
>

N/A

Go here and buy oneof their £5 filters and us that instead.

http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm
N/A

You should have received 2 telephone line splitters (sometimes called microfilters) in the starter pack - these have 2 sockets on them; a BT type phone socket (for plugging your phone into) and a RJ-11 socket (for plugging your ADSL modem into).

Tim
N/A

I found one hidden in the polystyrene chips

> You should have received 2 telephone line splitters (sometimes called microfilters) in the starter pack - these have 2 sockets on them; a BT type phone socket (for plugging your phone into) and a RJ-11 socket (for plugging your ADSL modem into).
>
> Tim
>