cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is hope...

N/A

There is hope...

After a couple of weeks or so, my connection has finally settled down.

I'm syncing at 4.5mbps / 448kbps and download tests show 3.5mbps and 0.4mbps. I don't suffer from disconnections anymore and my SNR is ok.

Hopefully it will stay this way and this will happen to everyone else.

Oliver
7 REPLIES
N/A

There is hope...

Good stuff - have you noticed if your target SNR when you sync has been raised (eg, from 6dB to say 9 or 12dB) :?:
N/A

There is hope...

Yeah, it was in between 4.5 and 5.5. it is now in between 8.5 and 12.

All seems ok now. I've lost a bit of speed, but for the stability it's definately worth it. Also, I know a couple of other plusnet users on the island who have yet to be upgraded to MAXDSL and my download speed is double theirs.

I'm a happy customer - which seems quite rare on these forums!

I've also just ordered a Netgear adsl router after reading the other posts. This might help things even more
N/A

There is hope...

Oliver thank you for sharing with us your experience.....
I am happier knowing there is a final end to this frustrating time..!!
N/A

There is hope...

Ah that's good news...how did your target snr raise from 6 to 12 though? Did you get Plusnet or BT to change it, or did interleaving get switched on?

I ask, because I am in the same boat with the target SNR 6db not being high enough at some points in the day.
N/A

There is hope...

I'm really not sure how the SNR changed. I thought it might be because my sync speed has dropped.
N/A

There is hope...

it looks like it has worked exactly the way it was meant to do in your case. Ie, it recognises the number of sync losses and, in time, raises the target SnR to compensate. This just doesn't seem to be happening everywhere else.
N/A

There is hope...

I think it comes down to the very low population using the exchange. 120 people live on our Island and only a small percentage use broadband. There are about 1000 on the main island and again, not many use broadband.

I suppose in a big city there will be a back log and it will take time to get through all the jobs.

I still miss cable broadband! When I lived in Birmingham I used Blueyonder and that was brilliant. Great speeds and absolutley no limits.

Still, overall I am happy with PlusNet (at the moment :twisted: )

Oliver