cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worst service ever!

N/A

The worst service ever!

Since 15.11.2005 I'm waiting for my service to be repaired. Everytime I call, they say "we will inform BT about it". So far until today, my service is still not working. I tried 3 different ADSL routers, modem provided by Plusnet, ADSL PCI card, different ADSL filter, tried on my PC, my laptop, another laptop. NOTHING! NO ATM Signal detected - means no ADSL on my line.

I'm wasting my money and time here. Waiting time for support 25-40min! This is crazy. I will make sure, none of my customers will ever go with Plusnet.

Shame!
10 REPLIES
N/A

The worst service ever!

This is the right forum for this message.
N/A

The worst service ever!

Finally, got my internet connection back about 2 weeks ago. They have found the problem. But I was without it for 5weeks including failed start up. No refund whatsoever! Will cancel this service when possible.
N/A

The worst service ever!

The shareholders wont be pleased
flabbio
Grafter

The worst service ever!

As a matter of interest what was the problem? Was it BT related?
N/A

The worst service ever!

Yes, it was BT related. I had my internet activated and didn't work for about two weeks, then suddenly appeared. Some time later (2weeks) BT engineer came to my house and was playing with my line. Apparently, they gave me wrong line. After a few minutes of testing, he went to the BT exchange to fix something then came back. Now - he said - you have your line ok, but I have to move ADSL to your new line. That time things got worse. Everything has gone incl. BT engineer but my phone line was working.

After 2 days waiting for my internet, I called up BT and spent with them 1.20h trying to explain to each person my situation and telling them that this had happen after BT's guy left. They couldn't help me at all and asked to contact Plus.net. On the conference call between myself, BT and Plusnet I was told that I am not a customer of Plusnet at all and I do not exist in the database. Having confirmation of my details from Plusnet and order number in front of my eyes I couldn’t believe things I was hearing. BT said - I'm sorry sir, but please contact your ISP to solve this matter!

After all, I decided to call Plusnet again - 37min. waiting and got to talk with someone nice but nothing else. I was told I have to wait up to 72h for BT to sort it out. 72h and still nothing - no ATM!. Called them up again /more than 20min waiting/- sorry sir, we will contact BT again. Please wait 72h. And as you can guess, they asked me all these standard questions about my PC, modem and so on, but didn't help. And again - still no internet /no ATM detected/ another call, another 20min. and another 72h. Everytime fault was reported, BT responded saying that now is ok. But it wasn't! They have fixed it in BT Exchange after 6 weeks! 6 weeks without the internet! Money I spent on phone calls to BT and Plusnet, internet café and wasted time I will not even calculate. I understand that .s.h.i.t. happens, but the way the handle it makes my guns to fire. Very unprofessional service.

I work as an IT engineer and I do install routers for my customers at least twice a week. I have given another ISP more than 60 customers incl. 31 businesses and I was thinking of moving them here to get some more commissions, but I won't. I don't need any problems. They pay now £29+VAT for 512kbs, but everything works fine for the last 2 years and will stay like that. If I need any help, all I'm waiting is max 1min! They have about 26000 customers.

And no refund offered so far from Plusnet for the time without the internet. Trying to save, they will lose triple. Simple as that.

Anyway, thanks for asking and HAVE A GREAT NEW 2006!!!

Artur
flabbio
Grafter

The worst service ever!

What a bummer. I have a friend who had exactly the same problem. He bought a newly built flat and BT gave him his shiny new telephone number. He ordered ADSL from Plusnet and duly waited a respectable 10 working days when he recieved his shiny new modem and login details.

After spending a few hours with no sync to the exchange Cry he gave up and called me. I spent a few hours talking to BT and Plusnet about the problem and we went through all manner of tests etc but to no avail. Plusnet said the account was active and BT said the line was converted and there were no problems at the exchange so It must be my fault. :x

My friend had to go away on business for a few weeks so we let it sit. When he came back I called round to his flat. I called to let him know I was coming but I got no answer. ( Bear with me this is leading somewhere).I knew he was there because his car was there and I could see a light in his window. I rang his mobile and when he answered I asked him why he didnt answer the landline. He said it didnt ring :shock: Hmmmm. We went up tho the flat and I rang the landline. I could hear it ringing on my mobile but no life from the phone. Yet if i picked up the handset there was a dial tone.

The long and the short of it was that BT gave my friend a telephone number and told him a different one. So we had ordered ADSL on the wrong number. Shockedops:

I must state that this was absolutely no fault of PlusNet but totally BT. The only problem was we now had to cancel our service from plusnet and re-order it on the right line. My mate is still fighting with BT for some sort of compensation. I dont fancy his chances.

Anyway. I've been using and recommending Plusnet for a long time now and other than this incident and one other involving a postcode error I'm very happy with them and their service.

Hope you have more success in the new year.

Regards
George
N/A

Plus talk???

What has ANY of this to do with PlusTalk :?: :?
N/A

The worst service ever!

Nothing to do with PlusTalk.

I was talking about the internet access only. And just found out that even we do not have internet access for a few weeks, refund still not be given.

I didn't have it for 6 weeks and what they say is:

Dear Mr .....
As advised Broadband does not come with an SLA and as such, no
gurentees that it will work at all times are offered.

Due to this, we cannot offer any compensation for the downtime you have
experianced.

Regards,
Phil Richardson

Dear Mr ...........
SLA stands for service level agreement. The previous reply simply meant
that as BT do not guarantee the broadband service will always work,
neither can we, though we will do all we can to get the service up and
running.

Regards,
Michael Dixon

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From myself - I don't care if your service is up or down, but if down - I don't want to pay for this!

Anyway, it will be reported to Trading Services on Monday.

Regards
N/A

The worst service ever!

Nothing to do with PlusTalk
:roll:
N/A

The worst service ever!

Hey there i felt your sorrow as well few months back, i was too without internet for about 5 or so weeks. In which i had tested re-tested different modems, unplugged phones all the varies tests plusnet ask before refering it to Bt. (sounded like the guy on the phone didnt believe i it was a big problem thinking it was probably my fault on my end)

As a bt broadband engineer turned up few days later they did tests around the house and found no problems. So he went to the local green box to test it out and found that there was a bad drop in Noise ratio (on my modem it indicated 8snr). He ran back and forth up the street working out where in the line was the bad connection but to no avail. He called back to headoffice and they decided to sent a jointer which in turned did his tests working out that there is nothing wrong with the voice line inturn shouldnt be a problem with the broadband. After almost 14 days of scratching heads and headoffice thinking these guys where slacking off, they recalled the engineers back to other jobs which had started developing on the whole street!! As it was getting serious they took it very seriously and worked back through the whole line back to the green box and finally found out there was a newely installed electrical thing on our road that caused the line bad interference! they dealt with it and called me back to tell me that the problem has been fixed in which my snr now hits at 29!!!!

I was happy to see that bt was out there fixing the problems and giving me calls on updates of progress, but to plusnet it was a very very quiet dont know nothing saga. I was without internet for 5 weeks, inother words i paid for a months worth of net to have my nothing! It annoys me that plusnet can just sit back after many calls to the to get someone out and fix the problem, all they can say was it may cost me money if it was nothing wrong!
I thought i would forget about the money of that missing month of no internet and the not so helpful staff of customer services but after seeing this fair usage policy im finding out how long i have left in my contract and consider finding a isp that dont give me so much hassle as a good paying customer.