cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ups and downs of DSL MAX

lenseman
Grafter

Since the 26/03/2007 my download speed has been 5920 giving me an MSR rating of 5500, I was using the same gateway and things looked good. Despite the problems I have suffered in the past with Plusnet I thought that things had settled down and I could finally look forward to a pleasant future with Plusnet.

This was not to be, over the last few days my gateway changes by the hour, my speeds fluctuate and my MSR is again no longer stable.

Although things are not has bad as some people suffer they are certainly no longer reliable. The most infuriating thing with Plusnet is that just when I have had enough and I am again on the point of migrating things then improve to the stage where I am again happy with the service. Unfortunately this euphoric state is generally short lived, usually six to eight weeks, then there is a decline in service to the state where I am reaching for my MAC again.

Come on Plusnet get things sorted.

John B.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Changes to the MSR are not something that the ISP has control over. This is set by the wholesale equipment at your exchange and is based on the quality of your line.

This was not to be, over the last few days my gateway changes by the hour, my speeds fluctuate and my MSR is again no longer stable.

- We are not seeing any connection drops for over 3 days on your line.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

This sounds more link an issue with your phone line or equipment than with PlusNet.

Do you get noise on the line during voice calls?

Have you tried replacing your microfilters, connecting your router to the test socket on the BT master socket?

Chilly
lenseman
Grafter

This sounds more link an issue with your phone line or equipment than with PlusNet.

Do you get noise on the line during voice calls?

Have you tried replacing your microfilters, connecting your router to the test socket on the BT master socket?

Chilly

Hi Chilly
I have not noticed noise during phone calls.

Microfilters etc. all changed. they are the first thing I check if I find that my Gateway as not been changed. I have been told in the past that the Gateway you are connected too will not effect your download speed, I have found otherwise.

Chris regarding changes of gateway, I was on the same Gateway from 26/03 until 14/05. it then had a few more changes up until the 18/05. Since then I have physically dropped the connection several times to stabilise things, it seems strange for you to state that there have been no drops in the last three days on my connection!!

Thank you both for your input. Its just annoying when my MSR drops so dramatically because the Gateway changes. This time it happened when I was showing my Son how Plusnet had improved since March and why he should consider migrating from "Hey O' Hell".

Despite this, after looking at my recent connection records prior to this glitch he actually signed up. I just felt rather let down and annoyed after the build up I had given Plusnet.

John B.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

after looking at my recent connection records prior to this glitch he actually signed up

I hope you told him to put your username as the referral Wink

If you continue to see connection oddness then I would advise going down the raise a fault route.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team