cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new plus price!

N/A

The new plus price!

Hey, i was wondering about the acseptable use limites that will be comming in very soon. I got the definite impression that along with this us normal 512 costomers should see speed increases. I was wondering if anyone can confirm this? How fast? and when?

If there is a speed increase then i think this is a great idear, will it be well done plus net. Not make me mad, grrr.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The new plus price!

Speed increases will occur but what you can get depends on your line conditions. The upgrades should occur between April and June.
N/A

The new plus price!

Thats good to hear, i know people who live around me can get 2meg, is that what i should expect. Will the upgrades be automatic, or will they need to be requested? and moreover will it be free!

Thanks for the quick responce.
Community Veteran

The new plus price!

Automatic and free.
N/A

The new plus price!

will these upgrades just happen when we hit the month of april or will we be waiting and wondering what is happening and most important will we experience problems with out internet connections?
i know i am at the moment - every so often i get redirected to a BT Wholesale page Tongue which is frustrating to say the least.
Community Veteran

The new plus price!

As I explained earlier, the speed upgrades will occur between April and June. Downtime will only be a few minutes.
N/A

The new plus price!

so your not saying we will experience down time on our connections?
Community Veteran

The new plus price!

Yes I am, for a few minutes.
dragona
Grafter

The new plus price!

i have a question ... while i was waiting for my line upgrade last year ... they wouldnt do it because i was using my line (56 K) all weekend ... do we need to disconnect to be upgraded or will we just be disconnected by BT then (my ADSL is on pretty much all the time)

so to make it clear from all that my question is:

Will we be automatically disconnected during the line upgrade or do we have to leave the internet off for BT to do it?
the_norris
Grafter

The new plus price!

You can leave it on. One minute you will be at 512K then the connection will drop. Modem will re-sync at new faster speed. Total down time about 1 min.
N/A

The new plus price!

i have just ordered the lite 2 meg with 2gb allowance starting next month as i have downgraded from 512kb premium will i get a discount on my connection upgrade fee or am i toooo late. If so why don`t plusnet put on the members portal that there is a automatic free upgrade to 1mg and be patient.
Community Veteran

The new plus price!

Did you not get the email about this that was sent out to all residential customers?