cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new 1mb home offer

N/A

The new 1mb home offer

Hi guys the new 1mb offer plus net is doing it says 29 quid is this a month or just to activate it. I was confused as i am always is
9 REPLIES
N/A

The new 1mb home offer

The e-mail says "half the price of switching", so sugests this is just a mass e-mail informing people of the cost savings intrudced by BT for the special offer.

This doesn't sugest or say anything about the monthly costs, which still remain the same from what I can see.
Community Veteran

The new 1mb home offer

It will be the one off regrade price available to all regrades done before 30th April, although I'm not sure its £29 or at least you add VAT to it. You then pay the normal monthly fee for the product you regraded to (£32.99 for 1meg ADSL home).

Can anyone post a link to where this info is, I can't find it on the portal anywhere and searching the portal for 'regrade' finds nothing which is not very helpful.
N/A

The new 1mb home offer

There isn't anything on the portal yet - but here's the basic info as taken from the contact us wizard under the "Account Changes" section

There is a link which includes the special offers - there is also lots more info so i would suggest looking at all of it

It's 25 + VAT for the one off upgrade fee

EasyStart 512 > 1MB Upgrade Special Offer

Choose this option if you currently have Broadband Easystart and wish to upgrade to the 1MB version of the same product for a one off fee of £25 + VAT and a monthly subscription of £39.99.

Regrade Speed Only (ie 512K ADSL Home > 1MB Home Upgrade)

Choose this option if you wish to upgrade the speed of your current ADSL account to a faster account type, but with the same contention. This will cost £25 + VAT for all orders completed before the 30th April 2004.

Regrade Contention and/or Speed (ie 512K ADSL > 2MB ADSL Home Worker)

Choose this option if you wish to change to a product which has a lower contention ratio than your existing account. This will cost £35 + VAT. This option is required if you are moving from a 50:1 to a 20:1 contended product.

Upgrade without speed / contention change (ie ADSL Home Surf > ADSL Home)

If you do not want a speed or contention upgrade and your underlying BT ADSL connection is staying the same, there will normally be no upgrade charge and the change can be made instantly.
N/A

The new 1mb home offer

My e-mail stated differently

Dear Mr Shifty Dave,

Upgrade your Broadband connection to 1Mb today and save over £29! For a limited period we've halved the price of switching
to super-fast, higher bandwidth Broadband.

PlusNet 1Mb Broadband connections make downloading music and movies faster than ever before.

ADSL Home 1Mb
A 1Mb connection will allow you to download faster, share files more efficiently and give you the edge in online games.
ADSL Home 1Mb is also suitable for home networking so you can connect more than one PC to Broadband, ideal for the modern
family.

You can upgrade to ADSL Home 1Mb now for just £29.38. Find out more about this and other upgrades by clicking on the link
below. Remember, this special offer is for a limited period only - upgrade now to avoid missing out!

http://portal.plus.net/upgrade_specialoffer

Kind regards,

Customer Support
PlusNet - The Smarter Way To Internet

*All prices include VAT
jberry
Grafter

The new 1mb home offer

Hi there,

We have an FAQ on regrades here and the prices are, as has been stated, the same as previously. We have identified this as confusing internally and intend to update the landing page from the e-mail to include links to the product pages.

Regards,
Community Veteran

The new 1mb home offer

Why does the portal search not find that page? If it can't find that, what else does the search not include?

And where on the portal is a link to the regrade offer page?

If people can't find it or not get the email (like i did) you may be losing business.
N/A

The new 1mb home offer

it's on the front of the member centre now - although i can't access my e-mail i must admit

I had 1MB before i joined plusnet - i just tried to play Wolf ET and it was jumpy- my laptop is a 2.4 with 1GB DDR - so i assume it's my connection at 512 - so sod it im going to 2MB

I know plusnet say 5-7 days - but in all fairness i was activated from inital order in 2 days

Well i've put in my order Smiley
Community Veteran

The new 1mb home offer

it's on the front of the member centre now

Has it always been there or has it just appeared.

Can't say I actually visit that page and it is not as prominant as I think it should be. It also refers to it as an upgrade not a regrade which may be why I did not notice it.

Has it been on a banner add at all, might be worth using that to make it more noticable.

I have received the email now - it was sent about 10 mins before I posted earlier but did not arrive til sometime after I posted.
N/A

The new 1mb home offer

My e-mail arrived 2 hours after i ordered - but technology will be technology lol