cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Most Bizarre Problem...

N/A

I seem to be having the strangest problem, i have been trying to access popular websites over a period of about 2 months, and every time i seem to get the "Page Not Found" error, the websites i have been trying are www.ebay.co.uk and www.msn.co.uk and i simply cannot get access at all, can anyone shed any light on what i think is a very bizarre problem?

my setup is Linksys Wireless Router with a 2mb Connection if this helps

hopefully someone will have a possible solution, any suggestions very welcome Wink

martin
5 REPLIES
N/A

Sounds like you've got a problem with your DNS setup...

Does the Linksys have a dns forwarder on it (I'm using a DG834 or Solwise SAR715 router so not familiar with the Linksys boxes)? If so restart the router, if not use Windows to manually change your dns servers to point to 212.159.13.49 and 212.159.13.50

(Start -> Settings -> Network Connections, then right click on the connection you use to connect to the router, find the Internet Protocol in the list of protocols highlight and click properties then manually enter the above dns settings into the two dns server boxes on the first tab)
N/A

Hi

This problem is to do with the MTU setting. In your router settings change the MTU to 1500 and reboot the router.

Try again

Ray
N/A

Bizarre Problem Part 2...

Thanks for the suggestions but

1. the DNS settings appear to be correct as you suggest and

2. The MTU setting can only go up to 1492, and is currently set to Auto

Any other suggestions?

martin
N/A

Im sure on the router you say you have, it can be changed to 1500 I cannot remember how!

Can you take the tick out of Auto and set it that way.

This is definately what is causing your problems.

Speak to the router manufacturers support guys.

Ray
N/A

I got the same problem last weekend. I discovered it was due to getting Sky multiroom and connecting both boxes to the phone line (one unfiltered) at the same time. The internet connection is fine with with one Sky box and the telephone but as soon as I connect the other box to the phone line my internet access dies. I'm going to get another microfilter for the second Sky connection as I think that may be the problem.