cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BT.com order tracker

N/A

The BT.com order tracker

Does anyone know where I can find this now? It seems to have been moved to the ether. Im just curious because the bt wholesale tracker has changed from red to red with "if you have already placed an order.. etc" (a result of placing my line on the ER trial maybe) So was just wondering what the bt.com line status would say - IF I could find it Wink
4 REPLIES
N/A

The BT.com order tracker

It's Ok - I just found it Wink

It says provide home 500 woohoo! Although Im not that excited - might not get any sort of service with me living sooo far away

http://www.bt.com/customerservices/cust_ordertrack.jsp If anyone's interested Wink
N/A

The BT.com order tracker

Well not suprisingly the order disappeared from the BT tracker so I guess Im stuck with Dialup Cry Cry
N/A

The BT.com order tracker

Your order diappearing from that screen could mean your line is active as well as failed.

Depending on when your order diappeared or was completed, will depend on when +Net receive the notification of failure or sucess.

However, it is pointless contacting +Net before your date of activation regarding the status.
N/A

The BT.com order tracker

Hmm, thank you, acarr - that has somewhat made me feel better Wink

But the sentence "If you have ordered broadband" from the bt broadband order tracker has also disappeared and has remained "red" (line too long). I will leave my router plugged in a bit longer I guess.

Thanks anyway Cheesy