Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BB Fault Checker

thekitesociety
Dabbler

The BB Fault Checker

May have answered my own question.

This time around I put the phone numbers in without spaces and it seemed to go in to the next stage.

Very annoyed at the lack of proper programming - if there is an error of this sort why the hell doesn't it say what the problem was?

Lost 12 hours on the process now!
3 REPLIES
thekitesociety
Dabbler

The BB Fault Checker

I have not had a sync since yesterday morning so when I got in last night I did all of the usual checks (filter, direct connect to master, different router, etc, etc) and ended up raising a fault via the checker using dial up.

But when I hit the start check button at the end of the process it just returned to the page.

I assumed it was just the way it worked so disconnected.

However, this morning when I log onto the portal to see what has happened the first thing it shows me is the fault page again asking me to press the button again.

Is this the way it works? Or can I assume that the automatic checks it implies are one have still not been performed.

Thanks

Jon
N/A

The BB Fault Checker

It does state what the problem is, but you have to be concentrating and thoroughly read to page to actually find the piece of text where it gives you the error message!

They really should put that text in red so that it stands out, rather than in the same color as the rest of the text.
Naiad
Grafter

The BB Fault Checker

Whoever's resposible for the whole design of the new fault reporting process ought to be shown the door IMO. It's certainly not user friendly - almost impenetrable if you're not already familiar with using it. P'raps that's the idea, so people just give up. It's one way of reducing the number of outstanding tickets!