cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ADSL debacle

N/A

The ADSL debacle

Now cold started 5 times based on +net's promises.
This has all the hallmarks of an incompetent, poorly planned, badly executed, pitifully communicated change programme.
Repeatedly promising 'it's going to be ok soon', and then failing to deliver simply p****s everyone off.
The way +net have approached this has been amateurish and clumsy.
One of the first principles of change management is to plan, develop, test and execute in a very disciplined way. Then (and only then) you hand over to a cross section of users for User Acceptance Test to try to break the system. Once that has been satisfactorily completed - and only then - can you risk handing over to the paying public.
If +net repeat this kind of cock-up, they will lose users in droves. There are plenty of competent players in this space ready ,willing and able to provide a better value for money service (and vfm is not only about cost).
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: The ADSL debacle

> Now cold started 5 times based on +net's promises.
> This has all the hallmarks of an incompetent, poorly planned, badly executed, pitifully communicated change programme.
> Repeatedly promising 'it's going to be ok soon', and then failing to deliver simply p****s everyone off.
> The way +net have approached this has been amateurish and clumsy.
> One of the first principles of change management is to plan, develop, test and execute in a very disciplined way. Then (and only then) you hand over to a cross section of users for User Acceptance Test to try to break the system. Once that has been satisfactorily completed - and only then - can you risk handing over to the paying public.
> If +net repeat this kind of cock-up, they will lose users in droves. There are plenty of competent players in this space ready ,willing and able to provide a better value for money service (and vfm is not only about cost).
> well said mate vfm is not about cost its about what you get for the money you pay, and weighing it up at the moment i think ive paid for a audi and got myself a fecking push bike.

N/A

RE: The ADSL debacle

> > Now cold started 5 times based on +net's promises.
> > This has all the hallmarks of an incompetent, poorly planned, badly executed, pitifully communicated change programme.
> > Repeatedly promising 'it's going to be ok soon', and then failing to deliver simply p****s everyone off.
> > The way +net have approached this has been amateurish and clumsy.
> > One of the first principles of change management is to plan, develop, test and execute in a very disciplined way. Then (and only then) you hand over to a cross section of users for User Acceptance Test to try to break the system. Once that has been satisfactorily completed - and only then - can you risk handing over to the paying public.
> > If +net repeat this kind of cock-up, they will lose users in droves. There are plenty of competent players in this space ready ,willing and able to provide a better value for money service (and vfm is not only about cost).
> > well said mate vfm is not about cost its about what you get for the money you pay, and weighing it up at the moment i think ive paid for a audi and got myself a fecking push bike.
>
>
Thanks for that; +net aren't even that good. At least you can use a push bike as a mode of transport. At the moment, +net seem to be going backwards fast. I'm going to move elsewhere; I've had enough.