Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thankyou For Screwing Up My Connection

N/A

Dear plusnet,

Without prejudice.

After having to hound plus net to update my connection to maxdsl after already paying for a full month with the same connection. Everything looked fine. I could now host my bands songs via bit-torrent no problems, As we have a large fan base. Likewise downloading files from non bit torrent sources. Speeds were pretty good 730kb dl 50kb ul.

Now my problem is interleaving is stopping me from playing/acting as admin in online games such as et (server is on clan base splatter ladder with 1000's of players daily) & world of warcraft with team speak.
I also find the bandwidth meter is totally inaccurate.

With my old connection 200/25 my ping was a consistent 50 now its gone up to 100 which is as bout as useful as an ash-tray on a motorcycle. In fact unplayable at professional level. Im also getting 100's of CRC errors and errord seconds daily.

My line IS FINE. No Faults no bad weather crap or anything. I am So link:censored off right now. Being a student ive hee haw money to play about with, and im wasting £23 a month on this crap + £12 bt land line rental!.

So what are you going to about it plusnet? I expect it too be fixed or you & i are going to have a fall out.
You have one week to acknowledge this problem and advise me on how we can fix it. As tickets don't get answered from what i read, i see no point in raising one and wasting yet more of my time.

If not i want my refund and mac code asap! As demon are more than happy to accommodate my needs with full speed and no interleaving (id recommended Demon in central scotland) I have tested demon with a fellow student in my town and it is flawless, fast and reliable! and is also unlimited with no bandwidth cap.

I personally hope it wont come to this but if im forced too i shall take any action against you i can.

E.g.. Boycotting you through multiple sources here be it, well visited band websites, local tabloids or through campaigns in collaboration with a verity of scottish colleges/ university's. As im sure young people make up a good quantity of your unhappy customer base, And are entitled to their say.

As i say, im not being nasty nor am i looking for a fight. Im Simply just sick to death with a unsatisfactory service.

I would appreciate any other comments or views on this subject from other users, and a quick response from plus net.

Sincerely,
Mr Craig G Elliott

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Bypassing Swear filter removed as per the link:rules ]
25 REPLIES
N/A

If you believe Interleaving is causing the problem then you'll need to raise a ticket for PN to action. Then update this post with the ticket number.
Community Veteran

I really should of paid the extra and just gone satellite!
Oh yer that would have been great for a PRO gamer eh? :?

i live 150ft from the exchange which im told is a bit dodgy due to old isdn stuff.

Really? How interesting.
Which kinda ties in with this current thread, and this part of your post-
Im also getting 1000's of CRC errors and errord seconds daily.

My line IS FINE. No Faults no bad weather [censored] or anything.

Interesting really, as I would have thought that this would actually point you toward looking at your own equipment!

CRC Errors - A corrupt frame causes CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) errors. It means that the CRC value for the data received (similar in concept to a checksum value) is not what the received CRC says it should be. Causes include an improperly operating modem, a poor cable, and poor telephone line quality.

Oh hang on -
im cisco certified

So you already know all this kinda stuff right? So no need for me to tell you then?

I personally hope it wont come to this but if im forced too i shall take any action against you i can.

E.g.. Boycotting you through multiple sources here be it, well visited band websites, local tabloids or through campaigns in collaboration with a verity of scottish colleges/ university's.

Nice way to seek help btw. (Bully tactics).

I would appreciate any other comments or views on this subject from other users

Well you did ask!

I know I have been quite snotty in this post, and I'd like to apologise for that.
But I can't quite bring myself to do it.

Still, you may well yet have the last laugh, as I will probably make no friends by posting this. Wink
N/A

Well to be honest, i never posted any comments about satellite. Guess my younger brothers talking rubbish again with out fully understanding what he's on about lol kids. Really need to lock my pc out one of these days lol.

And for your comments your more than welcome, its a free country mate. Your obviously having no problems with the service an thus i understand your point of view. But on the other hand a lot of people are, and that you surly cant deny.
Also that's a nice way to talk to a stranger on an anonymous forum. And you have replied rather aggressively and randomly lashing out at the most pointless inconsistencies. Maybe you need to concentrate more on getting your hole, than acting like a prepubescent trying to start pointless fights on a community fourm? As i will not humor you any further.

As for the crcs. it started 3 weeks after everything was up and running perfectly, and no its not hardware or the exchange. All my streets connections are fine as i set most of their networks up while working under supervision for a low key pc company locally. The work is under guarantee so we don't want to loose money form our own incompetence. So i can assure you the hardware is a+. So its prob on plusnets end. Or so it would seem.

Im not seeking help tbh i just want shot of plusnet. Fortunately the post was meant to convey the utter frustration that many users are feeling and the steps they are willing to take to be heard.

Its not about who has the "last laugh" its about people getting the service they paid for and deserve. Or are you suggesting people should just shut up and deal with the sub standard service?

Regards,
Craig
N/A

So have you raised a ticket, asked for any service whatsover or are you just gonna scream in here about it...

If you are such an expert you should know that most of your problems are down to BT, If you want interleaving off - JUST ask.. Your are not entitled to scream about bad service if you have not tried to get any.

The bullying tone of your posts will really get service wanting to help you wont it!

When you've actually experienced bad service from Plusnet as many of us have, then you can complain....
shellsong
Grafter

As for the crcs. it started 3 weeks after everything was up and running perfectly, and no its not hardware or the exchange. All my streets connections are fine as i set most of their networks up while working under supervision for a low key pc company locally. The work is under guarantee so we don't want to loose money form our own incompetence. So i can assure you the hardware is a+. So its prob on plusnets end. Or so it would seem.

Surely you must know that although everything in your street is working fine and everything appeared to be "running perfectly" on your line for a while it by no means alters the fact that your equipment, your line or the exchange equipment may be and, if the large amount of CRC errors is correct, one or more of these probably is at fault now!

CRC errors are far more likely to be occurring due to problems in the digital/analogue/digital part of the system than elsewhere-- but of course as seventhstar has pointed out you being "Cisco certified" must realise this and that the CRC errors are highly unlikely to be generated in the PlusNet controlled network
N/A

Sellsong, thanks for the info & advice. And i appreciate your neutral, helpful view on the subject.

I could also post my router stats, if you think it would help in sorting the problem out. My Snr margin is usualy under 10.

Basically im only getting the errors when trying to play online games at non peak times. Everything else works ok on the whole.

I think the problem may be that my bras speed is set too high for what my exchange can handle, or indeed maybe just the line to my house alone can handle.

Im very loath to yet again be charged £50+ for a BT engineer to say there's nothing wrong with the line or exchange. Id rather just move to a more reputable/stable isp.

If the router syncs at say 6900, i only get maybe 3 errors in the space of 6 hours. The latency is still dreadfully slow though due to the interleaving.

If the router syncs at say 7676, i get on average about 300 errors. Yet again the latency is very slow.

Now to paddyclark, Im not screaming in here. I posted in broadband help for helpful points of view from other members. I find its better to draw on a verity of experience (greater than my own) on these forums, as you always get two sides to the coin.

As a previous member said its very unlikely that the support team will answer in this particular part of the forum. Rather than waiting weeks for a ticket as many other people are, i thought id see if anyone else is facing the same problems.

If you are such an expert you should know that most of your problems are down to BT, If you want interleaving off - JUST ask.. Your are not entitled to scream about bad service if you have not tried to get any.

At no point have i claimed im a expert nor that i never make mistakes. It is not my duty to waste my time and money with BT.

As plussnet is my service provider, that responsibility is theirs. They are obligated to provide me with the service stated in our contract. Which i feel im not receiving.

I have already contacted Bt about the problems, they claim time and time again its down to plusnet. I am Entitled to complain about the service just as any plusnet member is. I also find it highly derogative how you can make intimidating comments on my post without knowing all the facts fully. Its not my place to perceive on your abilities in computing & networking, nor is it your place to perceive mine.

Also, ive not experienced bad service? Ok, i just had to hound plussnet for two months to update my line/brass while paying for a service i was not receiving. In my book that counts as BAD service. Due to the time it takes for tickets, i thought id have more luck on the support line. Ive spent hours on hold on their support line at a cost of £4 a whack. Just to be cut-off after just over an hour on hold. So i think its fair to say ive experienced bad service. have i not? As for asking to have interleaving deactivated, how would you suggest i do that if im unable to contact plusnet within a reasonable period of time?

Now, i stated in my first post, im not wanting a fight. Anything posted was intended without prejudice or offence. And what you may take as a bully tone is me stating my problem in the clearest possible form possible. Unfortunately you get the odd person wanting to be argumentative of which i see no point in.

The post is simply to say i am not happy with my service. I have tried the most efficient way to contact plusnet with no avail, and would like my service terminated as soon as possible. Not in several weeks, but now.

My argument is not with plusnet members, But with the inefficiency of plusnets services.

Regards, Craig

* Ticket made today [ 20441227 ]. Waiting time 23 hours. lol
N/A

With regard to interleaving, I raised a ticket requesting removal and it was quickly removed. Ive had plenty of tickets, ignored misunderstood etc etc and had to resort to comms time after time after mindless ticket tennis(comms are excellent would thet there were many more of that skillset) my point was only that if you had not raised a ticket then you should have done and if as quite likely it was not given proper service then scream from the rooftops.
N/A

Understood no problem.

I did try for days to get a hold of them on the phone. You would think that the phone would be quicker and easier than a ticket. Sad

Besides i prefer talking to someone in voice than having to play ticket tennis.

Cheers,
Craig
N/A

Still have interleaving

Been waiting over three weeks now to be turned OFF
N/A

Thanks krlwilson,

Yet more evidence of the Link:censored service.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Bypassing of swear filter removed.
N/A

Hi Tartan,

as a fellow gamer and also by the looks getting the same treatment by PN in their rediculously slowwwwww answering of customer support questions I am in the same boat as you by the looks.

I was very happy on my old 1 meg ipstream fixed service with nice low pings and stable con from PN for over a year. 2months ago I stupidly accepted to be maxxed and my service is now just stupid. I had to wait 10 days to get FAST path put back on the line, then my router would fail to connect to it, they had to put Interleaving back on to connect which it did. My main frustrtation was my Ventrilo pings sometimes hit 2-3000ms!!! and would regularly sit at 300ms at the best of times (before they were rock steady at 30ms).

So PN agreed to migrate me back to BT ip max which has happened last week. My pings dropped to 26/27ms its now on Fast not interleaved and my gaming cons are as they were. Only thing though I still get days when my voice coms hit 400-500ms in ventrilo again, oddly its weekends and evenings, this never happened before. I am at wits end, I don't know if its PN or what really. They have given me no update/response to my findings so far and seem to be very lax.

If this isnt sorted this week, I am going to request a MAC (ok so will take about 5yrs for them to give me a MAC by the looks LOL) and go to demon or Zen. There seems to be some inherent problem with PN routing for me anyway, I play with other gamers who use BT max with BT and have stable and fast cons, myself and also my brother (also on PN diff exchange tho) have exactly the same issues between us, chances of it being a localised PC/line issue are remote as our experiences are identical.
N/A

Yep what ^^^ says. Im giving it another week or so to see if the cons settle. If not im pulling the plug.

How can I have been reverted to my origional 2 meg ip stream and get these stupid pings . My cons 6 weeks ago were perfectly stable so if ive been moved back to ipstream 2000 how come now i cant keep a ping of 50 on vent for more than 3 seconds before it starts doing the numbers dance. Constantly yesterday pings at 500-600 dipping to 50 for 3 seconds then 102 , 230, ect ect .

Anyway Like my erstwhile bro says how come we both have con trouble at the same time and he lives 7 miles away from me not even on the same exchange!!!!!!!!

The time is drawing near to close the book on this episode and search for that stable con elswhere.
N/A

Hey Gentesla & Druade.

Its good to see some input from fellow gamers. Its just a joke tbh! That's five days now with no ticket reply. They have one week or i also pull the plug! Bring on the Ikemens!

I normaly play ETPRO, my ping used to be 40/50 now it jumps from 80/200!

Ive tryed the phone, ive tryed the tickets. Pn are now in breach of their terms and contract. I have logged phone calls ect. Now lets try pulling payments! Im sure having a QC in the family cant hurt either.

Im very fed up!!!!!!

Cheers,
Craig
N/A

Craig m8, as a fellow gamer my PN is shocking hence I have asked for my MAC now. They still havn't answered my questions since last week, god knows when ill get a mac code. It seems to me as if its routing tbh, I played quite happily during the daytime nice pings same as I always used to get in fact, soon as the tesco online crowd come in at about 18.30 onwards the con degrades into being comepletly damn useless, PN support have known this for 2 months when I told them this. As said my brother is on a diff exchange with them and gets identical behaviour hence I know its not my con. I have also spoken to 2 other gamers who have left PN for this specific reason, its just not good enough, I dont need 8 megs down i just want a fast reliable con for games I dont care if its 512k down or if i can have 40 gig a month its irrelevant to me.

Most that use 40 gigs a month downloading are thieves who steal copyrighted software/music anyway in my book, home workers fine, but the vast majority are stealing on the net hence they are using these stupid high bandwidth downloads for illegal use, I dont care about any of that i just want my stable fast ping times back please, is that to much to ask?