cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible performance since regrade to BT IPStream Max

N/A

Can anyone help please

I received an email last Monday telling me that I had been upgraded to BT IPStream Max. Immediatelly I found that the line kept dropping at random with the ADSL line light on my modem flashing. The line dropping is as often every 10 seconds but occasionally I can be on line for a few minutes. (I am sending this from my work account) I have gone through the fault location wizards and put a report on contact us. Nothing happened I tried to call but couldn't get through. I eventually got through by calling at 5.am. The technical guy agreed there was a fault and that he would put it through to the correct department to deal with the fault. A few hours later I got the report below. this was 2 days ago and I have had no update since. Despite me adding a number of messages.

I called them again last night (3 am) and spoke to a guy called Nick. He said that it can take up to 10 days for the line to stabilise and that they will do nothing until this period is over. I explained that this is not just a speed problem I lose the line entirely. He said that this was the cause of this too. When I pointed out that it had been investigated as a fault previously he said that he can't speak for other representatives.

I am really thinking of moving but don't like the hastle of having to move all my web sites. Can anyone offer any advice please

Iain

2006-04-20
08:30:00
Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]
The Connection checks could not be completed

Test result summary: Inconclusive

We have not been able to complete the checks of your broadband service. This may be the result of a fault in the testing system rather than your service.

We will continue to monitor your fault, please provide more information or further updates on the occurance of your fault. If your fault has not re-occured since our testing, please close the ticket and confirm that you are satisfied that the problem is no longer occuring.
2006-04-20
08:30:00
Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers Open : Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
2006-04-20
14:27:29
Jonathon Smith
CSC Agent Assigned : Analysis
Line busy.
TEST FAILURE - Line Busy. Test not carried out because of possible service impact.
Determine Algorithm Branch Analysis
FRC is DCN or SCR.
One Shot Check Diagnosis
Final Test Outcome Inconclusive
Major Findings
Conclusion Inconclusive
Recommendation Line test required, but line busy. Wait 60 seconds then repeat test when user is not using the phone.

Retest later

Regards,
Jonathon Smith
21 REPLIES
N/A

Once the 10 days are up you will have to try and follow it through if the fault still exists. There is not much PN or BT can do until your regrade is finished.

Hopefully an Administrator from PN will reply and monitor your ticket. You might want to PM "jwhiting" asking him to visit this thread also.
N/A

Thanks Phearfactor

I have pm'd jwhitling as you suggest

I find it difficult to believe customer service that everyone is going through this problem I have of virtually no service.

Iain
N/A

In the first 3 days it is common to have no or virtually no service, but then you should be looking at atleast a few hours before it disconnects, possibly more. Thats how I have read it, but I havent been upgraded myself yet, hopefully should happen next week.
N/A

Thanks for that information.

I wasn't given the option as to whether I wanted to be regraded. If I had been and they said there was a high chance that I would have no service for 10 days then I would have told them just to leave it as it is.

Do you think its an option to ask them to put it back as it was?
N/A

And it took a forum search to find out something Plus net should have made clear to its cash fund, oh I mean users.

Upgrade = get disconnected every 30mins
Upgrade = Unplayable gaming

Bloody great.....
N/A

ReGrade

No problems with my regrade, it going great. achieving on average 5190.4 download speeds with no downtime at all.
JonathanW
Grafter

Its unusual for there to be ongoing problems after the first day or so. Yes, its true that it can take ten days for the line to settle down after an upgrade to Max, but the connection should still remain mostly useable.

If the information you've posted is the last contact from one of the faults team on your ticket, then it should be picked up shortly and be retested.
N/A

Thanks for your comments. No one seems to believe that my service is as bad as it is and that I am just complaining about a minor inconvenience

Typically this is what I am going through
I click to dial my connection
The dial up connection box comes up
I get the message
Dialing attempt 1
Connected to remote computer
Verifying user name and password
then after about 30 seconds I get
Failed to connect to remote computer
Unable to establish a connection

So I click to connect again
If I repeat this about 6 times I might get connected. When I am connected I need to work fast because 20 seconds later or less I will have no access again and I then need to repeat the process.

The support from contact us has been abismal. I have had no response from them for 4 days.
N/A

Hey, I have had an update on my contac us saga. They tried to test my line about 1pm today but they did it at the very time my wife happened to be on the phone for 20 minutes. The phone is free 98% of the time. Just my luck but I hope I am not in for another 4 day wait.
N/A

Upgrade- No thinks

I too have had this forced upon upgrade and find that i can barely get onto the internet at all. 1 minute here and there. Im close to cancelling my account.
N/A

I have spoken to other ISP's and they say this shouldnt be happening...I'm getting to think that plusnet are just getting over there heads with this new stuff.

I've had enough with them so I'll be moving. no feed back, no support, agents (when u get through to them) just telling ya crap just to get ya off the phone.
N/A

Disconnect the bell wire (3) in the master socket, it has resolved alot of these issues for many Max DSL people.
Gryzor
Grafter

Don't think that will help here. I have done that on my line after I get 1 minute interval disconnects. This seems to be a different issue only a select few people have got....lucky us.
N/A

Hey I have my internet back Cheesy

A BT (Kyle based at swanzea) engineer called me earlier tonight, he asked some questions about the speed I used to connect at and the symptoms I was having. He said he would run some checks and call me back later tonight. He hasn't yet but my connection works reliably and I am connecting at 2.4mbps. Previously with the unreliable/ non existant connection it tried to connect at 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9.

I hope this helps you guys that have similar problems.

It just seems that this could have been sorted a lot sooner than the 9 days of no access that I have had.