cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination

N/A

Termination

Dear PlusNet
If one were to write to PlusNet saying "please terminate my account with you", not that I or indeed anyone else intends to, what would be your interpretation of that? Would you interpret that as just closing the PlusNet account or de-activating ADSL as well? Just asking your opinion. No intention here whatsoever, it's just some unfinished business with my old provider.
Thank you,
MariGlenn.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Termination

If you have ADSL with PlusNet (assuming this is your only account with them) then the ADSL would be ceased also. If you havent got an account you cant have ADSL.

Chris
N/A

Termination

Termination in my books would be to remove all components assigned to your account, cease taking payment and depending on how the system operates, remove any access to the member services section of there website.

However, when the above takles place is a different story.

Under the T & C's of PlusNet, you have to provide 1 full payments length of time. This will mean you are tied from 1 month to 2 months minus a day.

Are you sure this isn't what is causing your troubles.

If not, can you shed any more light, and we may be able to assist in avenues you can take to speed up your process.
N/A

Termination

I was just asking a question, nothing more. Please don't read anything into this. I am looking forward to many a day with PlusNet ADSL Broadband!
Community Veteran

Termination

From what you said here and in another thread I read earlier on or yesterday it sounds like you asked your old ISP to cancel your account and they have also stopped the ADSL service, this would be the correct cause of action for them to take unless you specifically asked them to migrate the service to another ISP.

Chris
N/A

Termination

My old provider knew I was intending to migrate, I told them often enough. In a letter I asked them to inform me of my CBUK number so that I can give this to my new provider, hinting at a migration (otherwise why else would I ask?), but because the actual word "migration" wasn't there they cancelled my ADSL connection with BT. Personally, I think they did it out of spite because I was leaving.
Community Veteran

Termination

One thing to note, not all ISPs support migration. If they do check thier processes on thier website, or they may have a special online tool to migrate as aposed to cancelling.

Chris