cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teleworker Pro 2MB & Small Business Pro 2MB

N/A

Hi,

Can someone explain to me the differences of the two packages, also there is no contention showing what comes with the products?

Teleworker Pro 2MB £56.16 per month contention ??

Small Business Pro 2MB £65.99 per month 20:1

Also what would be the draw backs on down grading from a Small Business Pro 2MB connection to getting two Broadband Home 1MB Premier connections, and load balancing these two up for 2MB down and 512k up and i mean load balancing them with a Twin WAN router, like this http://www.xincom.com/papers/inbound_loadBalancing.html

See why am i paying 65.99 a month (75.99 total ) when i could pay 59.98 a month then just get an extra line in bring it too (80.00 total) so that i could have 512k upload, £5:00 pounds for another 256k upload.
19 REPLIES
N/A

One of these...

NetEyes Cyclone 200 Load Balancing ADSL Router

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2003/q2/neteyes_cyclone200.asp
Community Veteran

Re: Teleworker Pro 2MB & Small Business Pro 2MB

Hi,

Can someone explain to me the differences of the two packages, also there is no contention showing what comes with the products?

Teleworker Pro 2MB £56.16 per month contention ??

Contention is shown on this page: ADSL Upgrade Guide. Both are 20:1 products.

Teleworking is designed for customers who connect to their work network frequently (i.e. via VPN) but don't run a business from home. The small business Pro 2Mb is where you do run a business from home and require webspace for your website. The link above explains the differences.

Also what would be the draw backs on down grading from a Small Business Pro 2MB connection to getting two Broadband Home 1MB Premier connections, and load balancing these two up for 2MB down and 512k up and i mean load balancing them with a Twin WAN router, like this http://www.xincom.com/papers/inbound_loadBalancing.html

See why am i paying 65.99 a month (75.99 total ) when i could pay 59.98 a month then just get an extra line in bring it too (80.00 total) so that i could have 512k upload, £5:00 pounds for another 256k upload.

Err not quite £5. You have the downgrade one-off fee of £29.99+VAT, the cost of getting a second line installed (£no idea) + quarterly rental for 2nd line (approx £10/month for residential). The cost of activating ADSL (min £58.75 for annual contract) + cost of the Twin WAN router (£825) + 2 ADSL modems (your router does not have them built in so 2x £40)

So that's actually £1000+new line one-off costs + ADSL & line costs (£90/month)

Or £445+new line one-off costs for the Cyclone + ADSL & line costs (£90/month)
N/A

Hi,

Am still adding it up to be about £79.98 a month after costs of modems and twin wan router.

2x £59.98 1MB lines

2x £20 / line rental's a month

Yeah i would have to pay for 2 ADSL modems and a ADSL twin wan router, bring down the 2MB to 1MB £29.99+VAT Get a second line installed £cost and then activating ADSL on the second line £58.75, but its the overall running cost that am most interested in, am trying to hold a budget for monthly ADSL costs. Smiley
N/A

Re: Teleworker Pro 2MB & Small Business Pro 2MB

Contention is shown on this page: ADSL Upgrade Guide. Both are 20:1 products.

Teleworking is designed for customers who connect to their work network frequently (i.e. via VPN) but don't run a business from home. The small business Pro 2Mb is where you do run a business from home and require webspace for your website. The link above explains the differences.

I must be going blind i can't see on that guide where it says clearly that it explains

Teleworker Pro 2MB £56.16 per month contention 20:1

edit**

okay, am i right in thinking that all Business Products are 20:1 and anything under Residential is 50:1?
N/A

Right-o i just check the, http://www.plus.net/business/broadband/broadband_business_features.shtml

Teleworker Range
MyCircular Group mailing tool
Teleworker Pro 2MB £56.16 per month contention 20:1

Small Business Range
NetAnnounce Business mailing tool

So bascilly am paying nearly £9.83 for NetAnnounce Business mailing tool when i could save that and have MyCircular Group mailing tool for less??

Do i even use the NetAnnounce Business mailing tool, never heard of it before?
cja
Grafter

The are other differences like the the Teleworker accounts offer no £1 .co.uk addresses so anyone "upgrading" from a Home account may find that the teleworker accounts are no use.

IMHO PlusNet have got the new packages wrong, they haven't considered some of the natural upgrade paths and what most customers want. Same has happened with home account where previous version was better than current version.

You end up paying £6-7 more for one essential feature or more likely take your business elsewhere.... silly.

Chris
N/A

Right so after taking in account the...

NetAnnounce Business mailing tool

& the

Included .co.uk Domain
Gives you a domain with your account

Also the drop in Web traffic and Webspace drops from 200MB to 100MB.

Web Traffic
Website download limits 100 MB instead of 200MB with Small Business Pro

Webspace
Build huge websites 100 MB instead of 200MB with Small Business Pro

which i dont use or very little on web space, there is no reason that am paying extra for stuff i dont need & could be on the teleworker pro with little change?
N/A

The are other differences like the the Teleworker accounts offer no £1 .co.uk addresses so anyone "upgrading" from a Home account may find that the teleworker accounts are no use.
Chris

only if you need an £1 .co.uk address.
N/A

Switching from this Small Business Pro 2MB £65.99 per month 20:1 to this Teleworker Pro 2MB £56.16 per month 20:1 is that a problem? Can it be done easily without losing the connection for any amount of time?
N/A

Now am confused, how do i have a MyCircular Group mailing tool with my package...

I am on the small Business Range £65.99, so do i even have the option for NetAnnounce?

N/A

What happened to Plus.Net HomeWorker Pro 2Mb and why is my contract not been updated to small business pro if thats what am on?Huh
N/A

Homeworker Pro still exists, it simply isn't available for new sale.

All existing custoers remain on there current products, until they request a change.
N/A

And what is the best way to do that change.
N/A

Ah forget about it, i thought i was on small Business Range £65.99 but am on teleworker pro £56.16 EX-VAT, but its still called with me and jmcc "Home Worker Pro" Shockedops: , i got confused with not knowing what product i was on and was just looking at the price i saw on screen and forget to add VAT, all sorted now, thanks for the replys

Also does the Broadband Home 1MB priced at 29.99 EX-VAT or does that need to be added?Huh