cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Techie Question, FTP servers

N/A

Techie Question, FTP servers

Hey there! Finally the ole ADSL is working, hurrah, cheers for the help in the last few weeks Smiley But I have a new question! I got the D-Link ADSL router 504 or something i think it is, anyway we have a 4 PC LAN running from it all sharing the net connection, no problems. BUT I want to run an ftp server for a mate of mine in Holland off my PC (the first PC on the LAN) but only have the IP of our whole network and if he tries that cannot connect to my ftp server which I have running, from inside the network my house mates can connect to it fine, the question is how do I configure it so that people external to our network can ftp in and connect direct to me?

Oli
3 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

RE: Techie Question, FTP servers

Hi Oli..... I'm trying to do the exact same thing at the moment Smiley
From what I've learnt so far I need to forward port 21 on my Router (Asus AAM6000EV) to the IP address of my computer Hosting the FTP server. Seems simple enough.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Later,

Andrew.
N/A

How'd you get on? I managed to solve it about 2 minutes after posting, typical! Basically yeh you just need to set up a port forwarding rule for port 21, simple Smiley

Oli
Firejack
Grafter

Yup... I got it working after a few minutes also. I was quite surprised how easy it was. Smiley

Happy FTP-ing Oli

Later,

Andrew.