cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tannoy blares out : DSL Annoucement theres Snow on the lines

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

hmm not a good day first snow of the year and my dB readings go ape. From 47/48 too 55 back to pre BT fixes Evil

So packup your brass monkies its cold up here :lol:
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Obviously the wrong kind of snow :lol:
Community Veteran

Hay adp450, If we don't hear from you in the next 24 hours, we'll send out a BT search party...

They should be with you in about 7 to 10 days - which seems to be the standard reply I get whenever I have contacted them in the past for assistance Cheesy
N/A

Generally, the colder it gets, the less noise there will be on a line, so the SNR should improve.
BUT, damp weather gets into the physical connections, causing corrosion and hence higher attenuation figures.
If you ever get a chance to look inside your local street corner "BT Green Box" you will see a whole host of possible dodgy connections. Worst I have seen is wires literally twisted together and covered in a bit of tape. This may work OK for voice, but not the relative high frequencies and low loss figures required for DSL.