cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THANK YOU PLUSNET

N/A

THANK YOU PLUSNET

Dear Plusnet,

I have had ADSL for a few days now and i must thank you, I never knew i could go this fast sure beats my old 56k modem hands down. The connection is first rate, fast and reliable.

Thank you again.

A VERY HAPPY PLUSNET USER :-)
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: THANK YOU PLUSNET

> Dear Plusnet,
>
> I have had ADSL for a few days now and i must thank you, I never knew i could go this fast sure beats my old 56k modem hands down. The connection is first rate, fast and reliable.
>
>
> Thank you again.
>
> A VERY HAPPY PLUSNET USER

Just wait a couple of weeks m8.You wont that then.My speed and connection has been fine since i got connected two weeks ago. Then all of a sudden only able to get half the download speed your paying for. Dont just believe me,read the other posts.
N/A

agreed - about two weeks (when its too late to cancel) and they slow u down.
I wish I could get half the speed I'm paying for - more like a tenth at 60kbps max instead of 576K
and I'm not the only one.

N/A

you are lucky i am getting 6k and less. But might be just tonight maybe alittle stormy, if continues they will have lost a customer when my contract runs out.

N/A

i am not bothered for tonight its tomorrow when i will need it the most....
N/A

I have to agree.. in all my time with ADSL since April, the speed tests have always reported 'fairly fast connection' tonight i just got my first 'fairly slow connection'

I have noticed this past few days.
the upstream has gotten better thou.
maybe it will sort out soon.
fingers crossed!
report below:

Broadband Speed Test Results

Results from your most recent broadband speed test recorded on 14 October 2002 at 23:43:49.

Your Connection

Direction Actual Speed True Speed
Downstream 260 Kbps (32.5 KB/sec) 299 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 243 Kbps (30.4 KB/sec) 279 Kbps (inc. overheads)
--
Jason
=====
grantd

I've had ADSL for over a month now and this is the results from my speed test

Your current bandwidth reading is:

482.60kbps

which means you can download at 60.33 KB/sec. from our servers.
N/A

IMHO If you're getting *consistantly* low bandwidth & PlusNet / BT refuse to do anything about it. Stop paying and move to another service. What are they going to do, take you to court for the outstanding money? Even if you're on a yearly contract, its less then £300 - not worth the bad publicity they'd get when you challenged them in court. You might even get on the telly, with all the current ADSL hype!!!!!
Trouble is, I doubt it's PlusNet's fault - it's in their best interest to make the service as fast as possible so everyone recommends them to their mates & they get loads of subscribers & make loads of money.....
Smiley

> > Dear Plusnet,
> >
> > I have had ADSL for a few days now and i must thank you, I never knew i could go this fast sure beats my old 56k modem hands down. The connection is first rate, fast and reliable.
> >
> >
> > Thank you again.
> >
> > A VERY HAPPY PLUSNET USER
>
> Just wait a couple of weeks m8.You wont that then.My speed and connection has been fine since i got connected two weeks ago. Then all of a sudden only able to get half the download speed your paying for. Dont just believe me,read the other posts.

N/A

> IMHO If you're getting *consistantly* low bandwidth & PlusNet / BT refuse to do anything about it. Stop paying and move to another service. What are they going to do, take you to court for the outstanding money? Even if you're on a yearly contract, its less then £300 - not worth the bad publicity they'd get when you challenged them in court. You might even get on the telly, with all the current ADSL hype!!!!!
> Trouble is, I doubt it's PlusNet's fault - it's in their best interest to make the service as fast as possible so everyone recommends them to their mates & they get loads of subscribers & make loads of money.....

What large companys do for a small debt that is owed to them, is they sell the debt to a debt collection company, who then take you to the small claims court, as it is not worth there while taking you to court themselfs. If you signed a contract then you will lose the court case no matter what your reason is behind not paying the money. The large company does not get any bad press as they are not the 1 taken you to court, the only way that would happen is if it was you taken the large company to court. Also in the process of you being taken to court for the non payment, it is you that would be black listed as a bad crediter, probably leading to you not being able to get anything from a morgage to a credit card.