cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync speed drop and interleaving

JJ
Grafter

Had a power surge a few weeks ago, took out a hard drive on one of my Pc’s, stopped the digital radios clock and messed up the sky box (not that that needs much to upset it)

It, probably, also caused me to loose sync a few times as I am now interleaved, wasn’t before. Sync as reported by modem is 5856, was 7150, PN have me set to 5000. Attenuation is 16.5dB was 9 dB or about that (cant remember exactly but single figures).

I have turned the modem off and on several times but no improvement over the last week.

What do I raise a ticket for…..to have interleaving taken off, or a manual BT refresh of my BRAS profile, or both or something completely different.

Any suggestions

JohnH
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Looks like BT increased the target SNR on the line and switched on interleaving. It's normally fairly easy to switch interleaving off, you can do that by raising a ticket. From there we can see what speed the line syncs at and to whether it needs the target SNR decreasing as well.
JJ
Grafter

Thank, will do that later today

JohnH
JJ
Grafter

Just an update

Interleaving now turned off. Nice and quick well done PN/BT.

Figures are almost back to normal

Sync 7616

S/n margin 10dB's
Atten 22dB's

PN set to 5000

Which should change soon.

Oh and the house phone has also died. Its surprising the damage a mains surge/spike can cause. Which I will never be able to prove but know enough about these things to be certain thats what it was. Fortunately my own PC and Modem have a 'Surge and RFI protected' extension. Well worth the additional cost. I couldn't be bothered to fit one to the other PC and as a consequence I now have to get another HDD.

JohnH