cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync problems with ASUS 6000EV

sbaldock

Had ADSL for more than 18 months now, with very few problems .... until a couple of weeks ago.

Now my connection rarely stays for more than a few minutes and may take ages to resync.

Reported to support, had visit from BT, who say all is fine. Must be my setup.....

But why only recently, when has all been working fine?

My router supplier (Solwise) tell me people have been reporting problems recently re: BT upgrades being incompatible with Globespan chipset routers...only recently have BT admitted that a problem exists...."It is being looked into.." by both BT and Globespan (so I am informed).

I am reluctant to replace router, as there is no guarantee I won't suffer a similar problem...

Does anyone else suffer from this (ie. recently)?
Do I have to put up with my connection being next-to-useless "until" the problems is definitely resolved re: chipset?

HHEELLPP!

Otherwise, my Plusnet service and line has been faultless .... until now.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Do you know anyone who has a different type of router you could borrow just to prove that it is yours that is faulty?
Or just as good try your router on their ADSL system
This would be one way to prove it.
sbaldock

Excuse my ignorance, but aren't user logins related to the telephone line accessed from.....do I use my login at someone else's house or their login settings on my router for their line?

PS thanx for prompt response.
PPS can you confirm the chipset issue?
sbaldock

The worrying thing is, having just found this info http://www.zensupport.co.uk/service_status/index.asp?headlineid=2138, the problem appears to have been around a while!!
Community Veteran

You would use your login if you borrowed equipment and used it at your home or their login if you took your equipment to a friends house.
Just a matter of altering the logins to suite where you are.
sbaldock

Thanx.
Going to try this afternoon.

Worrying thing is, though, that despite denials by BT and your support that there is any sort of problem, perhaps someone should check the Solwise forums (they supplied my ASUS 6000EV router). Many people are suffering similar problems...my alternative router would be their SAR715-PV, which also appears to suffer.
Everyone seems to be denying responsibilty, or dragging there heels/covering their a***s.
Solwise appear to work closely with PlusNet (your sell their SAR modems and even mention them on your support area!!), so surely someone can take responsibility or kick BT up the a**.

Will let you know (via my work's link!!) how my router tests get on!! Cry
Community Veteran

OK this should prove it one way way or the other.

just one point though. I get the feeling that you think I work for Plusnet.
This is not the case i am just a moderator for the foums (unpaid too Cry ).
there are 4 of us who do this for love and for the pleasure of helping people.

Let us know how you get on.