cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync but no page browsing

N/A

Sync but no page browsing

Hi there.

I now finally have a sync (after more than a month since my activation!) but am not able to browse any web page. Does anybody have any suggestion of what the problem could be?

(I can connect both with my username/password and with bt_test@startup_domain but, in either cases, cannot see www.bt.net/digtaldemo. My modem/router is an SMC7401BRA on Mac OSX.)

[by the way, CS closed my latest ticket (without it being inactive), notwithstanding the fact that I had asked them to close it myself. I think they do that for statistical purposes]

Thank you

Dante Leone
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Sync but no page browsing

> Hi there.
>
> I now finally have a sync (after more than a month since my activation!) but am not able to browse any web page. Does anybody have any suggestion of what the problem could be?
>
> (I can connect both with my username/password and with bt_test@startup_domain but, in either cases, cannot see www.bt.net/digtaldemo. My modem/router is an SMC7401BRA on Mac OSX.)
>
> [by the way, CS closed my latest ticket (without it being inactive), notwithstanding the fact that I had asked them to close it myself. I think they do that for statistical purposes]
>
> Thank you
>

Are you using it to connect a network as a router, or using it as a modem with the USB cable?

I have the same router/modem plugged into the uplink port on my network switch. Check you have the correct gateway address, and your other tcp/ip settings. I'm a windows user, so can't advise how to do it with a Mac.

> Dante Leone

N/A

RE: Sync but no page browsing

> Are you using it to connect a network as a router, or using it as a modem with the USB cable?
>
> I have the same router/modem plugged into the uplink port on my network switch. Check you have the correct gateway address, and your other tcp/ip settings. I'm a windows user, so can't advise how to do it with a Mac.
>

So far, I use it as a modem but via ethernet rather than USB. I think the computer settings are fine (otherwise it wouldn't connect to the router). Maybe it's got something to do with the router settings?

dante