cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching back to a fixed rate line

bikepump
Grafter

guys i'd like a mod/staff member to comment on this.

Ever since my line "upgrade" of up to 8mb (5.5mb for me) i've been experiencing a stupid amount of disconnects, where my router loses sync. Download rates are lower on a "5.5mb" line than on a 2mb line and the only difference is the disconnects!

Is switching back to a fixed rate line ,ie. submitting a ticket to be downgraded to 2mb again, going to stop the disconnects? TBH i'm pretty dissapointed +net offer this "upgrade" knowing that it will really mess up peoples connectoins....

thanks,
bikepump
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

It is possible to switch back to the fixed rate, but I would strongly recommend going through the fault process first to see if there's anything that can be done to fix it (usually in cases like this we can raise it to BT to increase the target SNR and lower the speed to improve stability).

The reason for going through the fault process is simply because regrading back to 2Mbps might not fix the problem, I've seen a number of cases where we've put the regrade back and the problem persists and we still have to raise a fault.

As such I'd say, take a read through this:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

to see if anything helps and if not raise it as a fault via the fault checker under connection settings on the left.
bikepump
Grafter

ok dave have run the fault checker, will let you know the results as soon as Smiley
bikepump
Grafter

ok dave i've run the fault checker, the test proved "inconclusive." no sure whether to close the ticket or not but as i say this has ONLY begun to happen since my line was switched to maxDSL.

thanks,
bikepump
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Leave the fault ticket open, its with our faults team and they'll pick this up and run some manual tests on it asap for you Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team