cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching ADSL service provider

N/A

Switching ADSL service provider

Hello,

Just a quick question that support maybe able to answer for me.

I know nildram are in the process of trialing a service that allows you to switch from one ADSL ISP to another without a termination of the ADSL connection and then re-enabling it on the new provider, this meaning a very quick switch over rather than being without internet connectivity for a week or two with the normal procedure.

I was wondering when I can expect plusnet to introduce such a system ?

I'm dearly looking to ditch BTO, my 12month contract is up and I've had enough of their dodgy DNS servers / network that appears just to die randomly for maybe a few seconds every few minutes (web pages not loading DNS lookups failing etc..) then suddenly springing back into life.

So the sooner plusnet get the switching providers system in place the sooner I can give the two fingered salute to BTO !!

Cheers,

Andy
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Switching ADSL service provider

Hi Andy,

> I was wondering when I can expect plusnet to introduce such a system ?

We did look into the trail but are not taking part in this. I know that the trail is still in its early stages but we will be providing this service as soon as the trial is complete and has proved to be reliable.

> So the sooner plusnet get the switching providers system in place the sooner I can give the two fingered salute to BTO !!

And I'd bet you'd enjoy it Smiley We will announce this feature so just keep you ear to the ground.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical and Customer Support.........for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----