cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support - Please reply to Question ID: 20330628

N/A

The last update by Plusnet support was 9:26am, Monday 25th September 2006 and I have chased 4 times now.

Question ID: 20330628 :arrow:
19 REPLIES
N/A

Still no reply... Plusnet Support, please can you have a look.

My ADSL connection is not broken so there is no troubleshooting involved. I only want a standard process to be completed for me!
N/A

Still no reply. This is very frustrating.

All I want is for my account to be closed so that I can move to Sky Broadband... Cry
N/A

And this forum clock is 1 hour slow...
N/A

Its not - you just need to go to your profile (Link above) and change your timezone. Needs to be GMT+1 to show you the correct time.
N/A

James,

Thank you for the information.

I don't suppose you have any contact with the support team do you? If so, please could you give them a nudge to look at my call (which they have not updated since Monday).

Many thanks.
N/A

Somebody is having a look as I type.
N/A

Thank you!!! Cheesy
N/A

It still hasn't been updated Cry
N/A

I tried!

In fairness, when I raised it, the agent was busy with some other issues, so it went into the to-do tray.

What stage have you got to?

Perhaps you could post the details from the ticket on here?

(don't forget to remove agent names etc)
N/A

Thanks for trying James.

To cut a long story short, I want to move my ADSL from Plusnet to Sky Broadband. For this, Sky Broadband need my MAC address. Plusnet wanted to know if BT Broadband were on the LLU Migration Trial (depending on if they are or not they have to action things appropriately). I found out that they were not, so replied to the Plusnet ‘question’ with this information on Monday. Since then I have not heard anything from Plusnet. I am now waiting for Plusnet to help me migrate my account (I am not sure if they will just give me a MAC code, or if they will give me the MAC code plus actively close my account?).

I need this actioned ASAP because the sign-up invitation that Sky Broadband have given me is only valid for 3 weeks – and 2 weeks have been wasted with me having to talk to Sky Broadband and Plusnet in order to whether or not Sky Broadband are on the LLU Migration Trial (it turns out that they are not).

The delay also means that I will be charged by Plusnet for another month usage – I would like this refunded as I put the request in to leave 2 weeks ago. I have chased via the Plusnet 'question' 4 times and have also (since then) posted in this topic, but to no avail...

Thanks.
N/A

Since it looks like a MAC code will be no use to you if you move to Sky, it sounds to me like you are basically just asking for your account to be ceased and your line released so that you can order Sky.

Does that sound about right?

If so, I guess you could close your current ticket, and raise a new one via the wizard, requesting that your account be ceased.
Although you have to pay for the full 30 days of your notice period, PN can actually cease your connection within the notice period if you require it. I believe they need 7 days leadtime, but I'm prepared to be corrected.

I also read somewhere else on this forum about a user who was making the switch - he called Sky and made sure they knew that he was joining them, and gave them his code - the chap at Sky told him that because he'd given them the code, and confirmed his intent, the code would not expire.

It seems to me that the codes Sky give out are a clever marketing ploy to get folks to move over ASAP, and I reckon they probably wouldn't turn you away if it had expired. (I know the dross they send you tells you it will - I had the same message myself Wink )

Anyhow, back to the question in hand. Perhaps somebody could confirm the best way of getting this going forward for you.
I suspect that your ticket may be in a queue waiting for an LLU MAC, which takes quite a while to get, because they are all raised manually. Hence my thoughts about opening a new ticket and starting again.
N/A

> sounds to me like you are basically just asking for
> your account to be ceased and your line released so
> that you can order Sky.

Probably, but I would like a member of the Plusnet staff to confirm that.

> If so, I guess you could close your current ticket,
> and raise a new one via the wizard, requesting that
> your account be ceased.

I will try this as you suggest, although as they have not looked at my ticket since Monday I am not confident that they will look at a new one any quicker. I will leave my existing ticket open too.

> confirmed his intent, the code would not expire

I asked the Sky Broadband person that question, but he said no. However I will call them again and ask someone else on their team.

Many thanks.
N/A

Actually, looking back at my original ticket post, I did use the Wizard for transferring to another ISP. So I don't know what effect logging another ticket for closing my account will have - but I will try.

I just tried calling Plusnet, but it says that there is a telephone queue of over 1 hour :x
Liam
Grafter

Hello there,

I have made a reply to your ticket.

Please accept my apologies for the delay.