cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion please where to buy a really good filter

tangey
Grafter

I am having ongoing problems with my line, on a very intermittent basis a whole ball of noise appears out of nowhere, hangs around for a few hours, maybe a day, and then disappears. Anyone who knows MAXDSL knows what this does to my line speed for the next few days.

Having changed all my equipment, used only the master socket, had BT out on a number of occasions, I'm starting to clutch at straws.

I have of course changed filters, but having read here that filters very often are either poor performing or just plain bad, I'm looking for suggestionsfor known, really good performing, "rolls royce" ADSL filters. I don't want to fit a face plate one, just want a really top notch external one.

Anyone got a guarantee performer ?
7 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

These xf-1e filters are about as good as they get.
I've got some and they work well.
They're recommended by the technical people on the forum.
N/A

The ADSLnation XF-1e is supposed to be the bees knees, although I use the filtered master version myself.
docrobster
Grafter

If you're connecting through the master socket, why not use a facplate splitter- looks much neater, and removes need for filters on extensions (if fitted properly- I haven't quite worked out my wiring yet!)
lunarjetman
Grafter

I splashed out on a couple of ADSLNation XF-1e after reading all the glowing reports. They made not one iota of difference compared to the cheap filters I got bundled with my router. Having said that they didn't make anything any worse either so I couldn't say that they won't work for you.
tangey
Grafter

Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely buy one, at if nothing else it'll eliminate the filter from my enquiries.
N/A

Filters

I always buy the cheapo ones from www.ebuyer.co.uk. They are about £1.50 each.

They appear to work with no problems and I have tried them on different installations.
N/A

tbh i've got both filters (xf-1e and cheapo eubyer Smiley ) and haven't noticed any performance difference between the two types (certainly no improvement on snr).

as an aside since getting maxDSL, i've got a problem whereby if I use a phone connected to the same filter as the adsl conn to my router, the snr drops and i lose sync. i've tried different filters and no change. I've tried different phones and no change.

if i use the phone plugged into another extension, or the hands free unit which is plugged into the master socket, the snr remains stable. dunno if it's the cheapo phones i'm using or mebbe a problem with filters that aren't wholly compatible with maxDSL (last part is me just skying it).