cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggested routers

N/A

Suggested routers

Having recently signed up adsl, I am now looking to purchase a router.

Anyone wish to suggest a reliable router for say £200 or less, that will work with 2 computers on a lan?

Having read the other posts, there would not appear to be any rush to reply, as this process seems to take a while (or are these untypical?)
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Suggested routers

> Anyone wish to suggest a reliable router for say £200 or less, that will work with 2 computers on a lan?

I'm not too sure what you have usb or Rj45
There are quite a few option but the 2 I would look are:

1)Linux Smoothwall, but you need a spare pc for that, accepts either (free)

2)The new Netgear DG814, Looks the dog's but it's not out for a couple of weeks,rj-11(£160)

If it's rg45 then there are loads of routers, but the rp114 is easy to setup & run. It also has a built in firewall. (£74)

Angus
N/A

RE: Suggested routers

I have a usb modem which I am not happy with, so I am also looking at buying a router. I don't wish to appear stupid (too late I know), but what is Rj45?

> > Anyone wish to suggest a reliable router for say £200 or less, that will work with 2 computers on a lan?
>
> I'm not too sure what you have usb or Rj45
> There are quite a few option but the 2 I would look are:
>
> 1)Linux Smoothwall, but you need a spare pc for that, accepts either (free)
>
> 2)The new Netgear DG814, Looks the dog's but it's not out for a couple of weeks,rj-11(£160)
>
> If it's rg45 then there are loads of routers, but the rp114 is easy to setup & run. It also has a built in firewall. (£74)
>
> Angus
>