cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden performance drop...

N/A

Hi,

I'm on a Plusnet Business Premier (20:1 exchange, 10:1 plusnet contention) account, and my account has suddenly taken a dive speed wise... Sad

I have been consitantly getting speed test result around 1.9 mbps on the speed test since upgrading to this account several months back.

Noticed lately (within the last week or so) that browsing etc seem rather slow, pretty unresponsive and all that ilk..

Done some speed tests using the plusnet speed checker - and the results are all over the place - dropping to 700- kbps, and yet at times getting to 1.4 mbps. Seems be struggling to keep anything above 1mbps most times at the moment. Did a bt speed test and it came out as 889 kbps...

I know its a contented service, but I am paying a fair bit for a business class service. Whats the limit that the the speed needs to drop below to be classed as a "fault" with a business class line?

Its annoying - I can understand a gradual degredation as more people join/sign up on my exchange, but not the sudden dive...?

Exchange checker tool shows no problems, but does say its in "amber state" for maxdsl update?

For info - I'm on a 2GB link, with connection speed of 2272000, snr 25, Attenuation 40.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

If the BT speedtest is showing slow speeds, then the problem lies with your exchange or your line.

BT arent too quick at updating the checker. Raise a ticket via Link:Contact us, outlining the tests you have done and the fact that the exchange checker shows no problems for your exchange and let Plus net raise it to BT.

Unfortunately, your at the mercy of BT for this one.

Hope it gets sorted soon.
N/A

I am too on the Business Premier and have seen this on our 3 lines, we were getting full speed, but now ranges between 20k/sec ~ 100k/sec - not 2mbits.

What is going on?
N/A

Performance Drop

Me too, bt speedtest reporting 800-1200Kbps (yesterday). Plus say BT don't consider it a fault until it drops to 400Kbps. It feels as if there is no donwstream and then suddenly it switches on to full speed. Is there any way of checking that you are getting the contention you are paying for?
N/A

Performance Drop

Me too, bt speedtest reporting 800-1200Kbps (yesterday). Plus say BT don't consider it a fault until it drops to 400Kbps. It feels as if there is no donwstream and then suddenly it switches on to full speed. Is there any way of checking that you are getting the contention you are paying for?
shellsong
Grafter

If you think about it BT could be deemed to be very kind taking 400Kbps as their trigger point-- on a 2Mbps connection that's equivalent to only 5:1 contention! 20:1 contention is 100Kbps!!!

When you get close to the 2Mbps mark you are on 1:1 contention :!: