cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success!

N/A

Success!

Hi All,

Thought I would share my experience of Plusnet with y'all. I was activated July time, had a few problems while they were doing upgrades and stuff. Really frustrating when the only way to check whether the line is down is to get online and check on the portal!! but still.

USB Conexant was brilliant, connection speeds brilliant apart from the odd occasion when its busy, as to be expected.

Anyway I now have a Linux server with PCI conexant modem in it, firewalling, web-serving and connection sharing to an internal LAN of 3 pc's and I will soon be going wireless.

Just thought I should write a positive post coz all that sems to get put up here is people winging about connection speeds. Its annoying I know but it is normally only an hour a day, and its never worse than 56K dial-up.

Good Job Plusnet!
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Success!

I'd like to add my praise for the service too! I signed up on the 11th, was activated on the 18th and got all my hardware three days later. Once I found the right settings for my router it was up in moments. No problems, no hassle - just fast browsing, instant email and no phone sharing problems!

One thing: I use a (by computing standards) ancient PII 266 with Win95 OSR2 and 128 MB RAM. You often see references to minimum specs, such as Win98, 300 MHz etc., but I thought I'd like to share this info with anyone else who is running and old PC or still on Win95, that it works a treat.

Simon
--
The corn was orient and immortal wheat...