cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subnet via Netgear ME102 in Access Point Client mode

N/A

My DG824M can see my ME102, a computer on the ME102's ethernet side can see the ME102 but the DG824M and anything on its network can't see anything on the ME102's subnet and vice-versa. I am running the latest firmware and AP Utility software for the ME102.

Anyone else managed to run a remote subnet via a wireless access point link (not a bridge), preferably Netgear?
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Subnet via Netgear ME102 in Access Point Client mode

Can you ping the machines?

Broadcast packets do not get sent between the subnets, unless you configure your routers to do so (provided they allow this).
N/A

> Can you ping the machines?

No.

> Broadcast packets do not get sent between the subnets, unless you configure your routers to do so (provided they allow this).

I was under the impression that the Netgear setup made the subnet appear as part of the host network. There is only one router - the DG824M.

I've also e-mailed Netgear and await their reply with interest as linking 2 networks, or net and subnet, or extending a network to a remote location must be quite common.
--
N/A

> Can you ping the machines?

No.

> Broadcast packets do not get sent between the subnets, unless you configure your routers to do so (provided they allow this).

I was under the impression that the Netgear setup made the subnet appear as part of the host network. There is only one router - the DG824M.

I've also e-mailed Netgear and await their reply with interest as linking 2 networks, or net and subnet, or extending a network to a remote location must be quite common.
--
N/A

Sorry - I am getting my products mixed up.

I am in no poistion to help where realy.
Mark_Dowd
Grafter

Hi.

When you are talking about subnets what exactly do you mean? The Netgear router supports only one subnet (192.168.0 /24), although the addresses are shared between wireless and wired equipment using its DHCP service.

I have a Netgear FM114P wireless router. Within the configuration there is an option to allow or prevent visibility between the wireless and wired equipment, whilst both have access to the outside world. Perhaps this setting is set to disable on your box?

Let me know if this helps. Cheesy
N/A

I know it's a million years since this topic died but it wasn't anything to do with the router's settings, it was just that the ME102 will only work as a bridge with another ME102.

Bridges are apparently not part of the specifications for wireless networking so the set-up is proprietory and it's up to Netgear what works and what doesn't. The wireless port on the router can't be configured as one end of a bridge.