cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck bras profile?

N/A

Stuck bras profile?

For the last 10 days or so my bras profile has been stuck at 2000 kbps according to https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

My router is syncing at 7616 Kbps and this is reflected on the BT speedtest site, and was reflected in the connection speed until recently.

Please could someone give the bras profile a nudge to unstick it.

Many thanks
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Stuck bras profile?

Hi there,

I've given things a nudge from here for you, reboot your router/modem and the higher speeds should be coming down for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Stuck bras profile?

Thank you very much - everything seems to be working as it should now.
chrisc
Grafter

Stuck bras profile?

Good to hear - give us a shout if you have any further problems.
Community Veteran

Stuck bras profile?

Hi sorry for hijacking this thread but I've got the same problem.

I raised a question #22055959 but have just received a stock answer from support Cry . I've posted my question below for info.

Support Wizard Journey]
[Ask the Support Team Your Question.]

[Additional Information]
Good morning.

I installed a new modem on Wednesday 30 May and since then have been consistently syncing at 8096 kbps. I have rebooted the rooter each day since Wednesday but my profile seems to be stuck on 6000 kbps.

BT speed test results from this morning are:

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 6000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5426 kbps

Thanks - Bob

Copied To: #########

########## Analyst 7:14am, Sunday 3rd June 2007
Dear Mr Boulby,
The maximum speed is set by the BT exchange equipment. The Max line rate may be slower than previously, if the line is subject to spikes of noise, for instance. These may have caused brief disconnections of which you were unaware, but on Max they will cause the rate to be reduced to improve the stability of the line.

The above is currently the fastest speed your line will support while remaining stable. However this can improve if your equipment consistently syncs at higher than the set rate. You can deliberately disconnect and reconnect once or twice a day to encourage this process.

Regards,
############
To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Your comment 7:19am, Sunday 3rd June 2007
##########, thanks for the fast response.

I am familiar with how max works and as I said in the original part of my question I have been consistently syncing at 8096 since I installed a router on Wednesday. I have also been rebooting the rooter once a day since then. Despite this my profile appears to be stuck on 6000.

Thanks - Bob
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Stuck bras profile?

Hi there,

Unfortunately in your case any changes I make to your profile here won't affect the throughput speed as this is the highest speed set by BTw.
Until they increase the profile, this should be after 3-5 days of syncing at a higher speed without any low syncs, then the profile with us should automatically increase.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Stuck bras profile?

Thanks Chris, I've just updated my question.

I'm seeing a consistent 8096 from my router stats but is there something at your end that suggests that my sync rate is dropping below this?

Also am I not right in saying that you can raise a fault with BT if the profile gets stuck?

By the way, I didn't get e-mail notification that you had responded to this thread, is there a problem with notifications again?

Bob
N/A

Stuck bras profile?

I'm having same prob as nwareham

Mine is stuck at 2000 yet bt speedtest says:
IP profile for your line is - 5500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7264 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1927 kbps
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Stuck bras profile?

I'm having same prob as nwareham

I've made the necessary change on our side, disconnect and reconnect for the change to take effect and you should then see a speed increase.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Stuck bras profile?

Thanks Chris, I've just updated my question.

I'm seeing a consistent 8096 from my router stats but is there something at your end that suggests that my sync rate is dropping below this?

The last speed report that came through from was at 31/05/2007 07:55:08 with a sync rate of 6816 and the IP profile set to 6000kbps.

Also am I not right in saying that you can raise a fault with BT if the profile gets stuck?

We can yes, but it would need to be over a week from the last update. A sync rate increase takes 3-5 days before the IP profile will increase so it's still within the normal timescale.

By the way, I didn't get e-mail notification that you had responded to this thread, is there a problem with notifications again?

Have you checked with the mods that the forum email address is correct?
Community Veteran

Stuck bras profile?

I've logged on this morning to find that my profile has increased to 7000. It appears that patience is a virtue that I don't possess !!

Have you checked with the mods that the forum email address is correct?

How do I do this? E-mail notification has been working up until recently but seems to have stopped. I've checked my profile and it is set to "Always notify me of replies".

Bob
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Stuck bras profile?

Good to hear, shows the BT systems working as they should.

Regarding the notifications send a PM to one of the forum mods with the email address and they can check it. One of the limitations of the way the forum software is set is that only admins can check this.