cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struck BRA - information below

N/A

From waht I have read, then I think I have a struck BRA.

Downstream Rate: 8128 Kbps (only obtain 1950)
Upstream Rate: 448 Kbps (obtain 400 every time)
Downstream Margin: 9 db
Upstream Margin: 25 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 25
Upstream Line Attenuation: 11

Every speed test I do including BT (using BT login) and various sites, I always get 1950 any time of day or night.

I have put this through the ticket system and I am enaging in a ping-pong game of tickets.

What do people think?
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What does https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate say?

If this says 2000 and you have had max for more than 12 days then yes, it looks like your Bras is stuck and CS should not have to get any further details from you before raising a fault with BT. As for the ticket tennis, this seems to be more frequent than ever, especially when trying to get a fault raised with BT.
N/A

stable rate has been always been 8000
Community Veteran

Good luck with your game of ping-pong then. By past experiences, it could be a full 5 setter Wink

Have PN run a whoosh test and posted the results in your ticket. If not, get them to run one as it will tell you what the stable rate they have been given by BT is and when it last changed.
N/A

they haven't done that. I will ask for it.

Thanks for you help :!:
N/A

I managed to speak to someone in plusnet and they were very helpful. (He was working overtime to try and get the backlog on maxdsl stuff down).

As a result they have now ran the woosh test. My only worry is the margin is alittle low (6dB), but I am getting a NTE5 adsl faceplate as the test socket gives 16dB margin.

My many hassle has been not knowing what to do to get things sorted. Thanks to petervaughan for your help and I have to say that David Marshall from Plusnet was very helpful also

Malc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start Time Throughput (kb/s) Throughput Byte(KB/s) IP Address Operating System Browser
06/07/06 20:09:23 1954.4 238 217.47.23.153 Windows XP MS IE 6.0
06/07/06 19:35:36 1937.7 236 217.47.23.153 Windows XP MS IE 6.0
06/07/06 18:44:40 1689.3 206 217.47.23.153 Windows XP MS IE 6.0

Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 25 dB
Margin 6 dB
Errored Seconds 3
HEC Errors 0
Cell Count 67149
Speed 8128 k

DSL MAX
Downstream Line Rate 8128
Downstream Line Rate Timestamp 07/07/2006 01:39:04
Maximum Stable Rate Re-set (Y/N) N
Profile Change Time 01/01/1111 00:00:00
Maximum Stable Rate 8128
Fault Threshold Rate 5689
Interleaved Auto

Raising to BT as possible bRAS issue.
N/A

Think I have the same problem, my router is syncing at 8128kbps SNR 12.8 Att 32, all very stable, router has been connected for 157hours without any drops or disconnects, the stable rate page on the portal is indicating 8000kbps.

Running the speed tests and I get a range between 600kbps and 3000kbps
Been playing ticket tennis for above the last 4 weeks 2 weeks ago they raised it to BT and still no fix!
N/A

Reading around it seems to be a general problem over a number of ISP. When I was considering moving, I rang a number of techincal help lines (to see response, etc). A good number had messages that indicated maxdsl wasn't being rolled out any further, or people moving back to fixed rates for free, etc and so on.

There seems to be a good percentage have a mismatch between what BT set the rate limit too (not synch rate) and what they tell the ISP you have. If BT allowed ISP to properly see the bRAs, then many a problem could be resolved quickly. Instead, the ISP has to get a body of evidence together to forward the issue as a formal fault to BT and to check that it is likely to be a bRAs fault.

Considering the number of people transferred over and therefore the number of people with this fault, combined with the large body of evidence required to prove the problem for each fault, then BT has created a nightmare work load for ISP in general
N/A

Same problem here...

Route has been reading
syslog: ADSL Link Up Dn/Up 8128/448Kbps (G.DMT)

For several weeks without any problems.

However, https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate reports my connection as 2000kbps, and indeed I get speed tests of around 1800-1900 most of the time.

BUT....

My upload speeds, which would have been 256kbps before ( 32kbytes/sec ) have been 370kbps ( 46kbytes/sec ) since the router cited the 8meg speeds.

I've contacted support in response to the 'we've stopped doing automatic MaxDSL stuff, click here if you still want it' - but no response.

What does one have to do to get something actually done by Plusnet? They're just useless at the moment, utterly useless.

Doug
N/A

This is all getting very annoying since being MAXed my Average download speed has reduced to around 600kbps

From what I can make my router stats are good and are very stable SNR moves +/- 0.4

sync 8128
SNR 12.8
Att 32

I have a stable rate according to Plus.net of 8000kbps

Most of the time my download speed hovers around 600kbps with a few bursts to 2900 / 3000 kbps than it drops back to 600kbps.

the software which monitors my netgear DG834GT reports constant stats at whatever speed, I could understand if the Sync / SNR dropped when the speed dropped but it doesn’t.

I got a response to my ticket (Below)

Matthew Buckley CSC Agent 1:18pm, Monday 26th June 2006
Dear Mr Jones,
Your fault has now been raised to BT. Please allow 48-72 hours for an update.

Regards,
Matthew Buckley

INTERNAL

and then a few days later my ticket got updated with this

Keith Hiles BOT - DSL Logged Faults 12:22pm, Wednesday 28th June 2006
Dear Mr Jones,
BT have tested the line and were unable to find any fault on the service. Please can you reset your equipment and test the connection plugging your modem/router into the master socket with all other devices disconnected and get back to us if the problem is still evident? Please can you respond to us within 5 days as if you do not then the fault is likely to have timed out with BT. This will then require us to raise a new fault case which in turn will delay getting the problem investigation.

Regards,
Keith Hiles

I replied the same day stating all the above had been tried - my next response was.

Matt Taylor BOT - DSL Logged Faults 9:26am, Thursday 6th July 2006
Dear Mr Jones,
We can see that your line speed has now increased to 8mb, please can you let us know if the issue is still apparent?

Regards,
Matt Taylor

Wow my stable rate has aligned to my sync rate, guess what still only downloading at 600kbps on average with burst to 2900kbps

Now sat waiting until Thursday when someone looks at my ticket again :x
N/A

Sounds like a different problem to a stuck bRAs as you get odd moments at 2900kpbs. Do you see a pattern on the time of day? (I guess you have tried a 1-2am speed test?)

I am guessing that maybe it is a contention issue?
N/A

When oh when are we ever gonna get this fixed? same problem as you guys, MAXed for over 3 months now and never anything better than 2 meg even though router syncs at 8 meg
N/A

Same here stable rate never altered from 8000 speeds average 3600 this remains the average speed day or night. I don't believe this is a contention issue. To be quite frank I'm luckier than most at this speed but it does beg the question why when I always achieved near the maximum speeds when on 2 meg. Tried plusnets speedtest during the hours of 3am to 6am and saw no difference. Have been told to try bt speedtest at 1/2 hour intervals during the night and the usual try new router etc. etc. standard, so another sleepless night yawn. I guess it has to be done but is there any real point.
N/A

Dear Mr Mackenny,
BT have tested the line and were unable to find any fault on the service. Please can you reset your equipment and test the connection plugging your modem/router into the master socket with all other devices disconnected and get back to us if the problem is still evident?

I had bought a new router and the test was on the master socket to make sure.

Ticket table tennis continues!
RfC2k7
Dabbler

I had this same problem when I first regraded to MAX, for the first ten days my speed didnt budge from 2MB,stable rate said 7000 always and synced at 7.6mb, then half way through tenth day, did a speed test and got 4mb. Now i have a constant 5-6+mb speed.

How long have you been maxed?