cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Video through my Router

N/A

Wonder if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction to get help.

I have the Solwise 110 Router connected to a switch and 2 computers connected as well. Both running Win 2000 Pro, static IPs set up.

One has my web server and i've set up a NAT rule to point incoming traffic to it, that has now worked well for three months.

The problem i'm having is with my main computer, i want to be able to stream live video of my desktop while i play online games, this has to do with player run events.

I'm using Windows Medio Encoder 9 and have all the plug-in's i need. Its set to allow people to connect via port 1842.

I've set a NAT rule so people should be diverted to the correct computer and port, however they eiher get "not found" message or diverted to my web page.

It works on the LAN and it worked before using dial up so the problem is between the router and the Encoder.

I tried the Windows site for help and all it offered was to sell me a Windows media server for a outragous price.
I've also read the help file for the Router and according to it people should be diverted to the correct computer.

Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES
painswck
Grafter

Hi,

Perhaps a silly question. Have you entered an IP filter rule to allow taffic on that port through.

Roland
N/A

Yes, i set up one to allow traffic through, i also set up a rule to allow traffic to reach my website and it works ok.
Its a real head scratcher.
I even tried turning the IP Filter off and it still does not work.
painswck
Grafter

A head scratcher then as you say. Must admit I have only re-directed the low ports, web, ftp , ssh etc and like you they have worked.

Have you tried asking in the forums on the Solwise site, I have found help there before.

Roland
N/A

Thanks, i'll go and have a look