cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Problem

N/A

Strange Problem

Wonder if anybody can help : )

Well... In I.E. and firefox (and all other programs) I am downloading at speeds from 3Kb/second to 30Kb/second on a 1meg connection. BUT, in "LeechGet" (a download manager which allows me to dowload from several connections/sources at once) I am downloading at acceptable speeds. BUT, this is ONLY when I am downloading from more than 3 connections/sources at once.

Does anybody have any ideas why I am not getting good speeds in IE (and other apps.)?

This one is really bugging me. Could it be to do with how PlusNet shape accounts?

P.S. This is from all servers http and ftp from UK and arround the world
18 REPLIES
N/A

Strange Problem

haha, now i cant even connect... Wrong UserName and pass... apparently...
Community Veteran

Strange Problem

I'd give 'em a ring, I have no idea what the prob is but would be interested to hear the outcome.
N/A

Strange Problem

lol will do. the problem is now, ive just tried a few passwords and I cant remember what was in there originally

Oh great.
Community Veteran

Strange Problem

and I suppose auto login is set for the portal :roll:

they ask for the last two carachters of you password when you ring anyhow!
N/A

Strange Problem

lol hello. Well I just rang up for my password and im logged in now! I also asked about my problem (above). The person I spoke to was actually quite useful, as he didnt just say "Your problem will be fixed if you run a spyware scan". He actually LISTENED to me Cheesy. He said that it was strange that this was happening. He asked me the usual... what security software... router... modem... etc. He didnt know why this was happening and asked me to do the BT Speedtest (many support representatives know I hate the BT Speed tests, especially at night...).

So.... back to square 1... from four months ago...
N/A

Strange Problem

*bump*. Wonder if anybody has any ideas why I am being limited on each connection (to an ftp/http/etc..) to dial-up speeds. Since when I download a file from multiple connections to the server it downloads at nearly full speed.
Community Veteran

Strange Problem

I don't know, have you tried different servers?
N/A

Strange Problem

lol its every server, you name it, its slow.
Community Veteran

Strange Problem

fasthosts? :lol:
N/A

Strange Problem

ho ho ho :shock: lol
N/A

Strange Problem

its getting even more weird... its starting at 20Kb/second going up to 70Kb/second for 1 or 2 seconds and going back to 20Kb/second.

%£!&%%£!&%!&%%£!&%
Community Veteran

Strange Problem

Did you do the BT Speedtests?
N/A

Strange Problem

did I boot

ill do them later...
Community Veteran

Strange Problem

Between midnight and 7am I hope :lol: