cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Low ID in Emule Suddenly

N/A

I have done a test on my router and it fails to ping www.connexant.com this means I cannot host any games or do any downloading - seems to have happened since Plusnet updated their sytem as the router is a locked router (password protected) and has not been changed. It is not the computer either because have tested on my other computer and have the same low ID on this machine also. Can anyone help?? My router is a Origo modem router - I need a list of every possible setting. I have never set my computer LAN settings before and it has always worked fine. HELP
11 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Not sure I understand you completely. When you say you cant ping connexant, are you trying to do this from a command prompt or are you trying to do it using some diagnostic proceedure in the Origo kit?

Can you ping other sites such as bbc.co.uk or portal.plus.net?
N/A

The idea behind IDs are to help generate a priority system, as well as track clients on servers.

A low ID on eMule is caused by not being able to connect to your system remotly.

When you setup your computer for emule, did you change your router config to forward the needed ports to your PC?

If so, has the LAN IP of your computer changed recently?

Is a firewall on your local computer suddenly started blocking connections?
N/A

no firewall enabled.
no ports forwarded as i have dmz enabled.
strange that the day plusnet updated their system my connection that had worked fine for years suddenly wont work, have been tyring to sort this out all day, am not happy at all. will be changing sservice providers to see if i still have a problem then.
N/A

Can you point me to what changes that PlusNet have made that you refer to?

No changes made within the last 7 days will have caused this.

no ports forwarded as i have dmz enabled.

One snag. A DMZ is effectivly port forwarding of all ports.

As I previously asked, has your computers LAN IP recently changed?
If so, the DMZ will break. DMZ points at a specific IP, if the computer that has this IP suddenly changes, the DMZ does not update itself.
N/A

nothing has changed,
N/A

have reinstalled windows and reset my router. still have low id and can not host. dmz is set to lan no firewall installed on system and routers is turned off. have reinstalled windows and set up my router about 5 time this year because i all ways get the latest and fastest hardware out, all five time i had no problem, a few setting changed which i made a list of to follow every time and no problems ever, my last build was 3 months ago every thing fine until about a week ago, bt service screens apear for about a week making impossible to use the internet and then after that stops low id and loss of hosting capabilities. im not at fault plusnet are. also like to mention i have a ccna in cisco sytems, so if i cant sort it out i dont know who can........
N/A

Yuk, the dreaded "I'm smarter than you" syndrome.

I am in no way pretending to be smarter than anybody, and braging about a CCNA is usless (worse, bragging 9 in 10 times results in sevear embarisment).

Frankly, it is only you with the conslusion that PlusNet are at fault right now. The primary reason for this, is that you have not presented any evidance to proove that things are not working correctly.

As noted, PlusNet have recently blocked ports. These blocks do not however block pings (I can ping your system without issue).

The recent Service Status announcement shows what port had been blocked. These block have now been removed for premier customers.
N/A

so far plusnet have been very unhelpfull, all they say is what u do nothing has changed that could affect your connection, in the unlikly event aliens magically came down and some how changed my routers password protected setting that i never touched it just seems a bit of a coincidence that the recent update done by plusnet happend at the exact time all this started, have asked plusnet for full list of settings yet all the do is reply have u turned your firewall off, and stupid coments like that rather than doing what i asked. i took my comuter and my router to my friends house to see if i could connect to his service provider which i think is bulldog, and i had no problems at all every thing worked fine high id in emule and could host. can only Determine that changing to bulldog will sort out my problem.
N/A

That is a second question that I asked, that remains unanswered as well. Which change by plusNet are you refering to?
N/A

Oh no

Ping has started ...

PING www.connexant.com (209.123.16.2): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=0 ttl=57 time=117.225 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=99.43 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=99.126 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=98.643 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=4 ttl=57 time=99.839 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=5 ttl=57 time=101.675 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=6 ttl=57 time=100.061 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=7 ttl=57 time=100.522 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=8 ttl=57 time=104.021 ms
64 bytes from 209.123.16.2: icmp_seq=9 ttl=57 time=98.751 ms

--- www.connexant.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 98.643/101.929/117.225 ms

Does this mean that Plusnet is now going to alter my router and connection?
N/A

have you tried
Putting checks beside "Use smart LowID check on connect" and "Safe Connect" in Preferences>Server should help correct a low ID problem.

Checking that the ports work ok within emule? or

If emule is running and you are not connected to a server, going to thedonkeynetwork.com/connection_test will let you know whether or not you will connect with a high ID and what that ID will be. If eMule is not running and you have a software firewall you will receive a timeout message and some text that says "this means, that we even did not receive a RESET signal; maybe due to a 'stealth' firewall.

On some servers you can get a low id because you have to many files shared