N/A

Still slow

b]Traceroute Results: View Traceroutes
Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 23:03 to 23:28
Traceroute Duration: 25 minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 64 bytes
Packetloss in Traceroute?: Yes
Exchange: Knellar Hall
Problem: Permanently Slow Data Transfer (Everything is slow)
Other Problem Experienced: SLOW!
Duration of Problem: More than 1 month
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 58 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 58 kbps
Average Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 58 kbps
Account: ADSL Home (Self Install) - 512kb (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: 11902614
Additional Information: Still slow

How many times do I need to completing this & how many times will you ask me to do it? :x
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

Still slow

Are you sure about that tracert? It does not appear to get past your router or ADSL equipment (assuming that is the net hop in the list).

If your PCs IP address is the first one 192.168.123.254, then the next one will be your router and that is where things go wrong with the tracert.

Have you manually setup your PCs IP address to be 192.168.123.254 or is that from your router via DHCP? This is an unusual IP address to choose to use.

If this is a home PC I would suggest using a different network IP address. The router should be changed to use 192.168.0.1 and your PC should be assigned 192.168.0.2 by DHCP or you set it manually to that IP address. Once you have done that try the tracert again and see if it is any different.

Can you post what router or ADSL equipment you are using? If it has a hardware firewall have you set any rules to restrict access?

What DNS server IP addresses are you using: At a DOS cmd/command prompt type ipconfig /all to see this.

Do you have a firewall installed (software or hardware)? If so, have you tried disabling it to see if that helps?

Also disable any virus scanner or pop-up stoppers.

Are you connected to the BT master socket or an extension socket. If an extension can you try connecting directly to the master socket.

Are all your phones, faxes, 56k modems and sky boxes connected via ADSL filter/splitters?

Have you read through the following tutorials:

ADSL: Wiring and Filters

ADSL: Trouble Shooting

And the Help & support troubleshooter.