cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still on old product

N/A

Still on old product

I'm still on PlusNet Broadband Home Premier 2Mb (up to 8Mb) even through I have had 2 billing dates since march (though apparently the first fell into the trial period something). Consequently I have not been upgraded to max DSL yet. I don't know whether the change should actually happen on my billing date or just afterwards So I'm not sure whether I should be concerned yet.
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Still on old product

You should have had your product name changed, be using the new VMBU and should really be on MaxDSL by now so you need to raise a ticket and get yourself known so PN can sort it out.

Unless you were one of those that elected to stay on 20:1 and pay extra, in which case I don't think any of those have been upgraded yet.
N/A

Still on old product

same boat as you barber.
My second Billing date is tomorrow - 5/4/06 - so we shall see if I'm regraded or not ? I'm a PAYG'er, but have not done any queue jumping as i read somewhere on this forum that it wouldn't get my upgrade any quicker. I have also not done any moaning and this tactic seems to be working for some!
so moan, moan, grumble grumble, it's not fair....... Iv'e been a plusnet customer since........etc. etc......Can i have my upgrade now?

here's hoping for tomorrow.
regards tom
Community Veteran

Still on old product

You should raise a ticket to ensure PN know you have not yet been upgraded yet as well, just in case you slipped through the net as well.
N/A

Still on old product

Ticket raised, thanks Peter.
No wonder you have 10,000+ posts----always there , always helpful , always informed. Give that man a dram!
N/A

Still on old product

Should everyone have been upgraded by now? I'm on Premier (about 18 months now I think), my exchange is upgraded to 8Mb but my router still shows:

Up - Down
288 Kbps - 2272 Kbps

Should I too be ticketing support? It does seem that they are pretty busy with all the complaints atm.
N/A

Still on old product

the reply to my ticket suggested that it will be september before all customers are upgraded due to the rate that BT are doing them.. Sad
N/A

Still on old product

:shock:
N/A

Still on old product

Unless you were one of those that elected to stay on 20:1 and pay extra, in which case I don't think any of those have been upgraded yet.

I'm one of them. FWIW, I still have the old VMBU tool and old product name. But the line's been upgraded and I'm syncing at 8128kb/s down and 832kb/s up (no actual increase in speeds yet, though).
ID
Grafter

Still on old product

aha, im in that club aswell. got 8128 and 832 sync.
upload is seriously fast 75-80KB/s Smiley but download speed hasnt changed yet.
Shouldnt be too long tho now.
N/A

Still on old product

upload is seriously fast 75-80KB/s

Crikey, yes, you're right - I hadn't checked that. I just used the plusnet speed test "in reverse" and got 716.50kbps. Last time I tried that I got 249.7.
N/A

Still on old product

Should it say in the account summery that I'm on preier option 1/2/3 or whatever because it doesn't seem to have changed.
N/A

Still on old product

Should it say in the account summery that I'm on preier option 1/2/3 or whatever because it doesn't seem to have changed.

Who are you asking? In my case:

I still have the old VMBU tool and old product name. But the line's been upgraded

specifically, the product is showing as "PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb 20:1 variant". I have been told that these "non-standard" accounts will be manually changed, but I don't know when that will be.
N/A

Still on old product

I too am on the 20:1 product and have the same behavour - Line syncs at 8128/832
Downloads are still capped at 2MB but my upload speed is hitting ~700k :shock:

A shame i dont upload much...
N/A

Still on old product

My download speed is picking up now, im varying between 4-6MB