cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no green light after almost a month....

N/A

Still no green light after almost a month....

After finally dropping my BT openwoe ADSL service after 24 months of unhappiness, I decided to look down the road and find an ISP who can more or less offer me what I want, and give me service second to none. So when I spoke to the plus.net sales rep and they promised me the earth and the moon and connection time better that any other vendor, with all the value add that I could want, I did not hesitate to sign up for the service and pay my dues on the 07-06-2002. However this has not been a fairy tail story and and I am now on 22 days and counting, waiting and watching the modem’s green light every day, but there is not even a flicker.

If this service really is that great then I truly hope that service is worth the wait, but that said a man can not wait for ever and I am afraid that I might have to go look for greener pastures, so plus.net if you do not want to make a grown man cry then, PLEASE don’t let met go down the BT openwoe path again, I beg you.

William (watching and waiting)

Ps. Should ADSL not have mad our lives easier, just wondering…..

--
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Still no green light after almost a month....

> After finally dropping my BT openwoe ADSL service after 24 months of unhappiness, I decided to look down the road and find an ISP who can more or less offer me what I want, and give me service second to none. So when I spoke to the plus.net sales rep and they promised me the earth and the moon and connection time better that any other vendor, with all the value add that I could want, I did not hesitate to sign up for the service and pay my dues on the 07-06-2002. However this has not been a fairy tail story and and I am now on 22 days and counting, waiting and watching the modem’s green light every day, but there is not even a flicker.
>
> If this service really is that great then I truly hope that service is worth the wait, but that said a man can not wait for ever and I am afraid that I might have to go look for greener pastures, so plus.net if you do not want to make a grown man cry then, PLEASE don’t let met go down the BT openwoe path again, I beg you.
>
> William (watching and waiting)
>
> Ps. Should ADSL not have mad our lives easier, just wondering…..
>
>
> --
>
Your not the only one sign up on 2 june got charge twice. my order got lost had to reorder got switch on 19 june great. 16 hours later i lost adsl signal still waiting for it to be repaired seven day later.I think it might had been faster if i had ordered another line and got adsl put on that.
still watching and waiting again
john

N/A

Well, you're not alone...

My order went in on the 6th June [yes 2002!] and I'm still waiting too... However, PlusNet have 'promised' that I will be activated tomorrow, and so I will have waited only(!) three weeks. Good service hey?!

I will however give PN the benefit of the doubt as I believe the delay to reside purely with BT on this one... Still, this whole process has been hugely frustrating, and I believe OFTEL should be made aware of BT's woeful standard of service in the ADSL activation arena...

'Broadband Britain' - not likely in this decade Mr. Blair... praise be to BT!
N/A

Dito... ordered 6th June.

I have a green light on my modem - but alas its never not been flashing (i.e. there is no adsl sync with the exchange so I have never had connection).

BT looking into it - yeah right. Same old.

Don't hold your breath.