cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ADSL sync

N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

Hello my telephone line was activited (normal voice line) last Tuesday and obviously the people that was here before was on DSL so I was getting sync, I asked BT shouldn't I be free of all previous services and they said the DSL didn't get a start-stop signal (eh?) and it is more difficult to stop the signal but should be resolve by this week Weds. It is now Thrusday and my own DSL is still suppose to be activited tomorrow (Friday). None of the online scan says I have a DSL connection yet I am constantly sync to a 4mb connection (LLU connection I assume). The connection gets to the password checking stage but gives an error and the BT's bt_test@startup_domain don't work either.

I must say my telephone line has different telephone line then the previous people, I didn't take over their line, their line actually stopped for 2 days before my one was activited.

Anyway, you guys reckon all these will be resolved by tomorrow or is BT just ignoring me. I have range them at least 3 times and they all say wait till middle of this week. Bit late to ring BT now, any thoughts? Will they free my line at the same time as they activite my line tomorrow?

Thanks
8 REPLIES
N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

To start with, if you have a 4 mb product on your line 1 of 2 things could have happened.

1. The previous occupier may have been taking part in the max dsl trials with an IP stream ISP.

2. There was as you suggest a llu product on the line.

In either case the previous occupant should have cancelled the account and it is unlikely that BT will have resolved it by tomorrow. i doubt if they can even force the ISP to cease the current ADSL.

Have you spoken to Plus net about this?
N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

Thanks for the reply.

No not yet because i thought it was a matter for BT and not Plusnet, should I contact plusnet to resolve the problem? I have no clue what ISP the previous ppl was with, shouldn't the ADSL stop working anyway since I am on a completely different telephone contract (different number, owner etc).
N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

It doesnt work in the fact that you cant use it or log on. it just hasnt been ceased.

As for Plus net, what account do you have with them?
N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

Hello

Well my PN service isn't due for activition till tomorrow (I've asked them and they said 22d July, I am going to be on the Premier package). I am just not sure if my service will be up and running or not tomorrow.

Thanks
N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

Are Plus net aware that the line has the other adsl product on it? Has the Order tracker or ticket system flagged up any delays?

They (BT) will not be able to activate your line if there is still a live adsl product currently in existance. i should have thought the order tracker would have shown a problem encountered by now.
N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

On the BT Checker thing for ADSL it doesn't says anything cept for the fact that there is an order for DSL, before I placed the order there was no mention of the fact I have DSL connection, althought i am on a new number, different to the previous ppl here. So at least on the BT system I don't have ADSL. On PN the tracker is now on the stage of just awaiting activition so it seems fine on their end too.
N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

The fact that the Plus net order tracker doesnt show a provisional or commit date would suggest that it aint going to happen tomorrow.

Keep an eye on that and you tickets for further info.

Good luck. Hope it gets sorted soon. let us know how you get on.
N/A

Still getting ADSL sync

THanks will see what happens