cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can't get on ADSL.. invalid user name and password

N/A

Still can't get on ADSL.. invalid user name and password

Still can't get on to ADSL.
that's a total of 11 hours now, since 4.55am to present time 13.52 pm.

You know since April if you count up all the days i have had trouble on here or loss of connection, it all adds up to more than 30 days loss.

*sighs*

01/11/2002 @ 12:07 Connectivity issue update as at 12:00
Dear Customers,

Here is an update with regard to the connectivity issues we are experiancing on our ADSL platform. Our engineers are working on an emergency fix to the failed hardware. They are on target to have this resolved within the next 30 minutes, and have already restored some connectivity for ADSL customers.

Well PlusNet you said 30 mins..
that was nearly 2 hours ago now.
--
Jason
=====
15 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Still can't get on ADSL.. invalid user name and password

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

OUT OF ORDER
--
Jason
=====
N/A

I belive that is this is the case +net should do as ofther major isp's do and refund you 1months subscription or give you 1 free month, in fact such a thing to all users effected by the downtime would be welcome Cheesy Though only to the relivent amount of loss of service.
N/A

I get the feeling that these groups are not monitored, so it's a bit of a frustrating waiting game at the moment. I've been trying to get back onto my ADSL connection since 8.30 this morning. I sent a support ticket in suggesting that at the very least they should provide unmetered dialup access when they have outage like this, but they returned a glib response saying the profit margins weren't enough to justify it - so much for customer service!
N/A

Hi Drefsab
It's a nightmare.

I know they are trying to upgrade and all.
but it's been non stop problems every week there is something different on here.......

You think if i be a bad boy i might get banned....
and my contract torn upHuh

Wish i had took cable now ......
When i was with Easynet way back in 1997..
they refunded your money for loss of connection and so does Demon.

As you have said. most ISP's do it.

Hmmm what could i do to get banned do you think?
nuke the portal Huh
hehe (just joking)

But im *P* off.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Hi Jason,

I totally agree with you, i even made this in a posting last week.

That PlusNet shouldnt offer a 0845 number as any back-up.. but a 0808 number.... why should everyone get a huge BT phone bill everytime PlusNet breaks down (*each week)

Proper back up number has to be FREE access.... afteral we are paying nearly £30 a month for ADSL.

*sighs*

My ADSL has been nackered since 4.55 am Jason,

So im right there with you.
and all the while im on this 0845 number.. BT are rubbing their hands...... what a con!

And you're right Jas, they don't even monitor this ADSL forum. well if they do they certainly don't reply back anymore.

Maybe i should try the PlusNet general forum.

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Sorry made a typo!

when i wrote shouldnt i meant it to be SHOULD!!!

LOL
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Thats also another good idea 0808 dail up, after all you can run up more than one months subscription to unmetered in a few hours on 0845. I have been lucky myself I have access to adsl now but its still nothing fast, but I have probably had about 1 week of no service since I signed up. Plusnet definatly should refund this to us.
N/A

mmm Jason.. before you blame plus.net check your ..

hehehe

(o)(o)

> Still can't get on to ADSL.
> that's a total of 11 hours now, since 4.55am to present time 13.52 pm.
>
> You know since April if you count up all the days i have had trouble on here or loss of connection, it all adds up to more than 30 days loss.
>
> *sighs*
>
> POST
> ====
> 01/11/2002 @ 12:07 Connectivity issue update as at 12:00
> Dear Customers,
>
> Here is an update with regard to the connectivity issues we are experiancing on our ADSL platform. Our engineers are working on an emergency fix to the failed hardware. They are on target to have this resolved within the next 30 minutes, and have already restored some connectivity for ADSL customers.
>
> Well PlusNet you said 30 mins..
> that was nearly 2 hours ago now.
>
> --
> Jason
> =====

chino
Grafter

Yes as i am up now fine...

cUnDaLl
--

1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

>
> mmm Jason.. before you blame plus.net check your ..
>
> hehehe

It certainly wasn't a genral BT problem. I was looking after about 1000 Adsl customers and none of them dropped all night.

It's back to the old skool again.. very poor upload speeds to my server & I know the pipe that hey go over is fine, as it's an STM4 from TWT.
N/A

sorry I was being sarcastic, as when ever I report a problem nobody ever seems to blame plus.net
it,s always my fault.. when actually it never has been.

im getting sick of isp's.. from fast24 to plus.net
they all seem to go up and down more times than maddona's knickers..

quite a lot.

> >
> > mmm Jason.. before you blame plus.net check your ..
> >
> > hehehe
>
> It certainly wasn't a genral BT problem. I was looking after about 1000 Adsl customers and none of them dropped all night.
>
> It's back to the old skool again.. very poor upload speeds to my server & I know the pipe that hey go over is fine, as it's an STM4 from TWT.

N/A

>
> sorry I was being sarcastic, as when ever I report a problem nobody ever seems to blame plus.net
> it,s always my fault.. when actually it never has been.
>
> im getting sick of isp's.. from fast24 to plus.net
> they all seem to go up and down more times than maddona's knickers..
>
> quite a lot.

Point taken...
What have you got the right drivers..lol
I can only comment on +net, NTL(dial-up) which I still wish sometimes.
N/A

What I don't get is the timing - why choose to do this on a Friday morning while people are still using their connections for work purposes. If they'd waited until Saturday night, they would have probably caused less of a disturbance, apart from leisure users, and would have had Sunday to iron out any glitches. My day has been wasted - as a home worker, I rely on my ADSL connection in order to use VPN to connect to my work network, and trying to do that on dialup is a joke. I wonder whether PlusNet realise the true impact of their mistimed meddling - maybe I should charge them for my time lost!
N/A

Hi Matt,

Have you checked your modem is plugged into the line? also what type of line filter are you using?.
Hmmm it might be you live border line with the excange. Here fill in this fault template and we shall send it to BT.

Anyway don't ask me things that aren't wriiten down on my Technical support help guide or i can't advise you. im now esculatiing this to Network Operarations..

Hello Matt can't conect what should he do?

NOC reply: is his PC plugged in?.

CS: Oh i never asked him that yet, good idea Wink

Matt please Contact us through the right section and raise a ticket on this issue.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL sorry just having a joke back :bounce:

Well atleast im connected now Tongue

--
Jason
=====