cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still a problem with the sar 110

N/A

hello, i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is still a problem with certain ADSL routers and BT's routing equipment, as i am still getting random loss of conenctions since the problem first appeared. I've updated to the lastest firmware on my Sar 110 (solwise) yet this doesnt seem to fix the problem. Any eta from solwise as to when the problem will be sorted as its a pain in the butt :/
4 REPLIES
painswck
Grafter

Hi Cybertrek,

You save you have updated the firmware but have you 'stealthed' the router. A lot of people, not only on PlusNet, have found that the instructions here http://www.chrismarsh.co.uk/sar110/stealth.asp have helped if not totally cured the problem.

Cheers

Roland
N/A

yup trouble is i dont want to deny all inbound access, so stealthing it wouldnt really be appropirate :/
painswck
Grafter

Hi Cybertrek,

Not sure what you mean by you do not want to deny all inbound access.

Rather than having the router wide open for anything incoming I have inbound access enabled on specific ports such as 25 for SMTP and 80 for WWW. Having stealthed the 110 I have NAT and firewall rules to let these services through..

Cheers
Roland
N/A

I have the Sar 110 + the latest firmware upgrade, it is stealthed as per "chippie's" recomendations and has behaved impecably with no problems at all.

In all the time i have been using the 110 it has never blocked anything that has been needed.