cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static ip Question

N/A

Static ip Question

ive just signed up for the 2mb premier account.
just noticed its a dynamic i.p, which i`m not keen on.
Can i request to have a static i.p instead?
(i use it for gaming among other things)

thanks Smiley
13 REPLIES
N/A

Static ip Question

Static IP for gaming?

For one. All PlusNet ADSL IPs are static. Until further into the activation progress, the IP screen will show dynamic.

Gaoming on a dynamic IP however works perfectly fine. Can you exaplain why a dynamic is a downside to gaming?
N/A

Static ip Question

ah ok thats no prob then,

static for hosting games regulary
just makes life easier for my m8s connecting to me Cheesy
michaelscott
Grafter

Static ip Question

Even if it was dynamic, ullapool.plus.com will point to your IP. It'll be easier for friends to remember Cheesy
N/A

Static ip Question

now thats cool
Moderators note (John) Quote removed. There is no need to just repeat the previous post.
LiamM
Grafter

Static ip Question

yup... you can even change it if you like.... mine is adsl.liam-martin.co.uk - obviously you have to own the domain name as i do - liam-martin.co.uk
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Static ip Question

Hi,

The reason it will show dynamic is because we don't always allocate an IP address to an account until it is active. Just makes things easier for ourselves by not allocating IP's to accounts that fail activation for example.
N/A

Static ip Question

cool, i have a domain name, where can i change it to my desired domain?

thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Static ip Question

You just need to raise a ticket, there's a specific path through the wizard
Technical Support -> Static IPs, IP Block Requests and Reverse DNS Setup and follow the rDNS path and fill in the information it asks for.
LiamM
Grafter

Static ip Question

go and make the changes to your domain first... you need to setup an A DNS record... if you raise the ticket now they'll just reply saying they cant see the subdomain when they 'dig' it.

Moderators note (John) Duplicate posting removed.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Static ip Question

If the domain's hosted on your account then it shouldn't really matter if you create the forward record first or not. If it isn't then we've made sure that the wizard says the create the forward record first.
N/A

Static ip Question

hi,

ive updated my domain to point to plusnet and i raised a ticket and its been dealt with..
how do i now set up my domains email addresses through plusnet i dont see anything in the email configuration panel.

thanks Smiley
N/A

Static ip Question

There is no per domain e-mail settings.

Instead, if you configure an example mailbox called fred@ullapool.plus.com, you automaticly create fred@domain.co.uk

Both addresses work for that mailbox.
Community Veteran

Static ip Question

I.e. any email sent to fred@domain.plus.com will go into fred@username.plus.com.

You don't have separate mailboxes for your domain email addresses.