cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP

Community Veteran

Static IP

I was with Wanadoo for years and moved to Plus Net about a year ago mainly because of their webspace options. I have since stopped using their webspace because of unreliability and various other reasons but that is for a different forum.
As Wanadoo has now become Orange I am interested in some of their offers. I am already an Orange mobile custommer and am delighted with their service. They are one of the few companies left who have a helpline where you can not only speak to a real person but a person from the UK who can understand what you are saying.
The reason I am still with Plus Net is my static IP which I could now not live without. Is there any other ISPs that offer static IPs at no extra cost like Plus Net?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Static IP

there are quite a few... I will wait until this topic is moved to the proper forum before naming Wink but none are as cheap as plusnet. Most will only offer dynamic addresses but you can sometimes bundle a static IP for around a £1 extra per month.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Static IP

Yes, I'll wait it be moved as well before naming Smiley

I am on a static IP with my new provider. Though I am not sure which of their packages include it as their site seems to be down at the moment :shock:

You're going to be disappointed if you think Orange CS is all based in the UK as some it is definitely not. I am not sure which parts are UK based and which parts are in India now, but I got an Indian call centre when I had to phone to get a PAYG sim activated. Pain they don't offer web based activation, nearly all other providers do - so much easier.
Community Veteran

Static IP

So far all my calls to Orange have been to UK call centres but I am a contract custommer. You are probably right. My last mobile operator who where a complete joke had all their call centres in India. I remember telling them where to go once or twice. Is it really too much to ask when phoning a UK company to get someone from the UK who can speak English?!
N/A

Static IP

I called Orange recently, to deal with day to day call filtering they are beginning to use south Asian call centre by the look of things, but if you need any decisions made (during the end of contract/blackmail process) then you end up speaking to someone in the UK.

For webspace the members of my family clubbed together and bought ourselves a more industrial solution. Considering the volume of mail and web-pages we have together it was a nominal cost and a much more flexible option.

Bob