cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP

N/A

Static IP

Hello
I have an IP camera and I am trying to make it available to me at work through my internet browser. I know what static IP Plusnet has allocated to me by looking in my account details. I know the local IP of the camera allocated by my router. How do I determine the IP of the camera on the internet :?: :?:
Thanks
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Static IP

Welcome to the forums!

To get it to work for the outside world you would need to open a port on your router and forward it to the ip address of your camera:

So say your camera is on 192.168.0.5

You would open an inbound port lets say 5631 on your router and tell it to send it to 192.168.0.5

so when you connect to it you would do http://IP address:5631

Hope this helps
N/A

Static IP

Thanks for the prompt response.
My question is, how do I find out what the IP of the camera on the internet is? Do I assign it somewhere or is it generated automatically? If so, where do I look for the value?

I had already forwarded the ports, but out of ignorance, for the intranet IP address, which doesn't work.

You have also raised another question. There are three ports I need to forward. one for audio, video and control. How do I point the browser at all 3 :?:
http://XXX.XX.XXX.XX/5##1,5##2.5##3 :?:

Sorry if this is basic stuff but I'm not very network literate.
Community Veteran

Static IP

Can I ask what is the make and model of the camera?

To me the ip address of the camera on the intranet would be
http://The ip address given to you by plusnet:the port that forwards to your camera
N/A

Static IP

The camera is sold as a ANC-800. It can be bought under a number of brand names.

The problem might be the way I configured my 2wire router when I first istalled it. I think it was set to obtain a dynamic IP rather than static. I have now further compunded it by changing the IP settings in the router that means I cant access the router's control pannel. I'm working on the solution to this at the moment. Cry

Can anyone confirm the connection type for the static IP with Plus.net; PPPoE, PPPoA or Direct? Also, on the guidance for static IP under My Account it says
"You should leave the connection settings in your dialup configuration set to Server Assigned IP Address. You are simply assigned the same IP address to you each time you connect." However my router has a set up field for manually assigned IP's. Should I be putting my static IP in there and not defaulting to server assigned :?:
Community Veteran

Static IP

the UK uses PPPoA, you can set it to either dynamic or static and enter the ip, if you leave it as dynamic then PN just assign the same IP to you whenever you connect
N/A

Static IP

Thanks again

I want to go the manually assigned route to see if it resolves my camera issues. Working through the Plus.net set up info there are some parameters required by my router configuration page that I can't identify:

1. Hardware address override - options are use the built-in hardware address or override ( where an IP value is required)

2. Default Gateway ?
3. DHCP Host Name ?
4. DNS Domain Name ?

I need to put values in each field to allow manual configuration :?: :?:
Community Veteran

Static IP

The DNS you should use are:

As for the other 2 these should be assigned automatically as it depends which of PNs servers you connect to